Anatomy and Physiology Online for Structure & Function of the Body,14th Edition
With modules corresponding to the material in Thibodeau and Patton's Structure & Function of the Body, 14th Edition, Anatomy & Physiology Online uses dynamic audio and visual elements to bring anatomy and physiology to life. Each module includes a set of lessons exploring key anatomical and physiological concepts, reinforcing your understanding with activities, animations, heart and lung sounds, quizzes, and interactive exercises. Anatomy & Physiology Online is the perfect tool to get the most out of your book!
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Over 300 full-color illustrations, photographs, and micrographs of anatomic structures, physiologic concepts, and disease processes make learning more visual and engaging.
- More than 150 state-of-the-art, full-color animations with narration clarify anatomic and physiologic processes and show underlying structures and functions, such as pulmonary circulation, events of the cardiac cycle, and sensory and motor pathways of the central nervous system.
- Cardiac and respiratory audio segments allow you to hear actual heart and lung sounds, including murmurs, friction rubs, crackles, and wheezes.
- More than 300 interactive exercises reinforce key concepts and provide immediate feedback with activities such as identification, image association, flash cards, and sequencing.
- Learning objectives for each lesson focus your attention on the most important points.
- Lesson quizzes and module exams assess your understanding of the content and provide immediate feedback.
- Reading assignments from the text are closely aligned with the content and activities in each online lesson.
- A complete glossary of terms includes definitions and audio pronunciations.
- Updated content reflects the changes made to the text, and includes additional content screens, new quiz questions, and updated illustrations and animations.
Module 1: Introduction to the Structure and Function of the Body
Module 2: Chemistry of Life
Module 3: Cells and Tissues
Module 4: Organ Systems of the Body
Module 5: The Integumentary System and Body Membranes
Module 6: The Skeletal System
Module 7: The Muscular System
Module 8: The Nervous System
Module 9: The Senses
Module 10: The Endocrine System
Module 11: Blood
Module 12: The Cardiovascular System
Module 13: The Lymphatic System and Immunity
Module 14: The Respiratory System
Module 15: The Digestive System
Module 16: Nutrition and Metabolism
Module 17: The Urinary System
Module 18: Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
Module 19: Acid-Base Balance
Module 20: The Reproductive System
Module 21: Growth and Development
Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, Wisconsin, USA and Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction, New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, New York; Professor Emeritus of Life Sciences, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, Missouri; Assistant Professor Emeritus of Physiology, Course Director Emeritus in Human Physiology, St. Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, Missouri, USA