Anatomy & Physiology Online for Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology (Access Code), 1st Edition
Online Course - Access Card
With modules corresponding to the material in Patton's Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology text, Anatomy and Physiology Online demonstrates complex A&P concepts in a clear and concise way. Audio and visual elements bring anatomy and physiology to life, including hundreds of step-by-step animations and interactive exercises. Within each module, a set of lessons helps you understand, study, and review anatomic structures and physiologic concepts. Anatomy and Physiology Online is the perfect tool to get the most out of your book!
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- 500 full-color images of anatomic structures and physiologic concepts are included.
- Over 100 state-of-the-art animations clarify anatomic and physiologic processes and provide a realistic foundation of underlying structures and functions -- such as air flow through the respiratory tract, pulmonary circulation, events of the cardiac cycle, and sensory and motor pathways of the central nervous system.
- Essential information is highlighted and easy to read, with extensive use of diagrams and illustrations.
- More than 250 interactive exercises include a variety of engaging activities such as crossword puzzles, labeling, and sequencing.
- Reading assignments focus on related content in the textbook and the companion Study Guide.
- Immediate feedback is provided for self-assessment questions and lesson exams in each module, allowing you to measure your comprehension and enhance your understanding.
- A complete glossary defines key terms and concepts, and includes audio pronunciations.
- Audio clips of actual heart and lung sounds bring learning to life.
Module 1: Organization of the Body
Module 2: The Chemical Basis of Life
Module 3: Anatomy and Physiology of Cells
Module 4: Tissues
Module 5: Skin and Its Appendages
Module 6: The Skeletal System
Module 7: The Muscular System
Module 8: The Nervous System
Module 9: Sense Organs
Module 10: The Endocrine System
Module 11: Blood
Module 12: The Cardiovascular System
Module 13: The Lymphatic System
Module 14: The Immune System
Module 15: The Respiratory System
Module 16: The Digestive System
Module 17: Nutrition and Metabolism
Module 18: The Urinary System
Module 19: Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
Module 20: The Male Reproductive System
Module 21: The Female Reproductive System
Module 22: Growth and Development
Module 23: Genetics and Genetic Diseases
Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor Emeritus, Life Sciences,St. Charles Community College Cottleville, MO Professor of Human Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (HAPI adjunct) Northeast College of Health Sciences Seneca Falls, NY, Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, Wisconsin, USA and Matthew M. Douglas, PhD, Professor of Zoology Grand Rapids Community College Grand Rapids, Michigan Adjunct Professor, Department of Entomology Michigan State University East Lansing, Michigan