Principles and Practices of Veterinary Technology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Now in full color, Principles and Practice of Veterinary Technology provides comprehensive coverage of the competencies every vet tech needs to know. Illustrated, step-by-step instructions emphasize the technician's role and responsibilities in each procedure, and dozens of new summary tables and boxes make it easy to find key information. Written by experienced vet tech educator Margi Sirois, this edition offers excellent preparation for clinical practice and for veterinary technician credentialing examinations.
- Comprehensive coverage includes the entire scope of competencies reflecting today's veterinary technology practice.
- 82 illustrated, step-by-step procedures include instructions for all AVMA-required psychomotor techniques.
- Clinical discussions of the technician's role are emphasized in every procedure.
- Expert authors are qualified vet tech educators who understand your needs and write in a clear, concise style.
- New Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, and Complementary Medicine chapter helps you integrate physical rehabilitation, acupuncture, and herbal remedies into practice.
- Expanded coverage of exotics includes handling, restraint, and examination procedures for birds, reptiles, amphibians, and wildlife.
- Over 900 full-color photos and illustrations accurately depict specific disorders, diseases, and procedures, making these easier to learn.
- More tables and boxes summarize key information, to simplify the learning of complex material.
Foundations of Veterinary Practice 1. Overview of Veterinary Technology 2. Ethical, Legal, and Safety Issues in Veterinary Medicine 3. Practice Management 4. Effective Communication in Veterinary Practice 5. Medical Terminology Veterinary Diagnostics 6. Diagnostic Imaging 7. Hematology and Hemostasis 8. Clinical Chemistry and Serology 9. Microbiology, Cytology, and Urinalysis 10. Parasitology Veterinary Therapeutics 11. Pharmacology and Pharmacy 12. Pathology, Response to Disease, and Preventive Medicine 13. Management of Wounds, Fractures, and Other Injuries 14. Anesthesia, Analgesia, and Anesthetic Nursing 15. Principles of Surgical Nursing 16. Fluid Therapy and Blood Transfusion 17. Emergency and Critical Care 18. Dentistry 19. Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, and Complementary Medicine NEW! Animal Care and Husbandry 20. Animal Behavior 21. Physical Restraint 22. Patient History and Physical Examination 23. Nutrition 24. Nursing Care of Dogs and Cats 25. Nursing Care of Horses 26. Nursing Care of Food Animals, Camelids, and Ratites 27. Nursing Care of Companion Birds, Reptiles, and Amphibians 28. Nursing Care of Orphaned and Injured Wild Animals 29. Nursing Care of Laboratory Animals
Margi Sirois, EdD, MS, RVT, LAT, Wright Career College, Overland Park, Kansas, USA