Workbook and Competency Evaluation Review for Mosby's Textbook for Nursing Assistants, 8th Edition
Get the most out of Sorrentino's Mosby's Textbook for Nursing Assistants, 8th Edition, and prepare for your certification exam! This chapter-by-chapter workbook and competency evaluation review reinforces your understanding of textbook content with numerous exercises and activities. It includes over 100 checklists -- one for every procedure in the text. The competency evaluation review helps you prepare for the certification exam with content review, skills evaluation review, and practice exams.
- Comprehensive coverage corresponds chapter-by-chapter to the textbook.
- A wide variety of exercises enhances learning and keeps you interested.
- Over 100 procedure checklists allow step-by-step review of each procedure and for instructor and/or self-evaluation.
- Optional learning exercises are provided for longer programs and/or higher-level students.
- Independent learning activities in every chapter allow additional review and practice.
- Competency evaluation review section includes content review and review questions for all key topics as well as two practice exams that help to prepare you for the written certification exam; the skills evaluation review helps you practice the procedures you may be required to perform for certification.
1. Introduction to Health Care Agencies 2. The Person's Rights NEW! 3. The Nursing Assistant 4. Ethics and Laws 5. Work Ethics 6. Communicating With the Health Team 7. Assisting With the Nursing Process 8. Understanding the Person 9. Body Structure and Function 10. Growth and Development 11. Care of the Older Person 12. Safety 13. Preventing Falls 14. Restraint Alternatives and Safe Restraint Use 15. Preventing Infection 16. Body Mechanics 17. Safely Moving and Transferring the Person 18. The Person's Unit 19. Bedmaking 20. Personal Hygiene 21. Grooming 22. Urinary Elimination 23. Bowel Elimination 24. Nutrition and Fluids 25. Nutritional Support and IV Therapy 26. Measuring Vital Signs 27. Exercise and Activity 28. Comfort, Rest, and Sleep 29. Admissions, Transfers, and Discharges 30. Assisting With the Physical Examination 31. Collecting and Testing Specimens 32. The Person Having Surgery 33. Wound Care 34. Pressure Ulcers NEW! 35. Heat and Cold Applications 36. Oxygen Needs 37. Respiratory Support and Therapies 38. Rehabilitation and Restorative Nursing Care 39. Hearing, Speech, and Vision Problems 40. Cancer, Immune System, and Skin Disorders 41. Nervous and Musculoskeletal Disorders 42. Cardiovascular and Respiratory Disorders 43. Digestive and Endocrine Disorders 44. Urinary and Reproductive Disorders 45. Mental Health Problems 46. Confusion and Dementia 47. Developmental Disabilities 48. Sexuality 49. Caring for Mothers and Newborns 50. Assisted Living 51. Basic Emergency Care 52. End of Life Care Procedure Checklists Competency Evaluation Review --Textbook Chapters Review for Competency Evaluation Review --Practice Examination 1 --Practice Examination 2 --Skills Evaluation Review --Answers to Competency Review Questions --Answers to Practice Examination 1 --Answers to Practice Examination 2
Sheila A. Sorrentino, PhD, RN, Curriculum and Health Care Consultant, Anthem, AZ, Leighann Remmert, MS, RN, Clinical Instructor, Capital Area School of Practical Nursing, Springfield, IL and Relda T. Kelly, RN, BSN, MSN, Professor Emeritus, Kankakee Community College, Kankakee, IL; Parish Nurse, Wesley United Methodist Church, Bradley, IL