Mosby's Fundamentals of Therapeutic Massage - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
For success in practice, Mosby's Fundamentals of Therapeutic Massage, 5th Edition provides you with a solid foundation in the fundamentals of massage therapy. Expert author Sandy Fritz shares her wealth of clinical expertise, keeping a consistent focus on clinical reasoning with an increased emphasis on competency-based outcomes. In addition to teaching you how to skillfully apply massage techniques, this text also covers important practice management topics such as ethics, legal issues, sanitation, hygiene, business practices, and professional development. Two DVDs bound in the book provide over three hours of video on techniques, body mechanics, case studies, and more, plus anatomy and physiology animations. Log in to the companion Evolve website for interactive games and learning exercises.
- Hundreds of full-color photos and illustrations visually clarify key concepts and demonstrate proper technique, draping procedures, body mechanics, and more.
- A combined workbook/textbook format encourages critical thinking with activities, short essays, fill-in-the-blank questions, labeling exercises, and more to help you review concepts from the book.
- General Protocol sections in the book, on the Evolve website, and on the companion DVD provide a guide for assessment and massage application, intervention and positioning recommendations, and a modifiable, step-by-step sequence to help you learn to develop care plans for specific clients.
- Electronic documentation coverage prepares you for today's increasingly digital workplace with examples from electronic record-keeping and office management software programs.
- Comprehensive coverage of content covered on the National Certification Exam (NCE), the National Certification Exam for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCETMB), and the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx) ensures you are ready to pass certification and licensure exams.
- Updated insurance reimbursement section features discussions of insurance procedures, appropriate charting, necessary paperwork, and how to manage reimbursement.
- Expanded massage therapy career content discusses the many career tracks available to massage therapists.
- Detailed Body Mechanics chapter addresses the use of proper body mechanics for a long and successful career and the most effective treatment.
- Practical Case Studies chapter offers case studies that help you understand how to apply key concepts to real-world clinical practice.
- Completely updated content keeps you current with the latest information needed to pass your exams and succeed in practice.
- NEW! Foot in the Door feature throughout the text outlines the professional traits valued by prospective employers.
- Available as a Pageburst digital textbook with additional interactive learning tools and electronic assets. Sold separately.
- Therapeutic Massage as a Profession
- Ethics, Professionalism and Legal Issues
- Business Considerations for a Career in Therapeutic Massage
- Massage and Medical Terminology for Professional Record Keeping
- Research Literacy and Evidence-Based Practice
- Indications and Contraindications for Therapeutic Massage
- Hygiene, Sanitation, and Safety
- Body Mechanics
- Preparation for Massage: Equipment, Professional Environment, Positioning and Draping
- Massage Manipulations and Techniques
- Assessment Procedures for Developing a Care/Treatment Plan
- Complementary Bodywork Systems
- Massage Career Tracks and Practice Settings
- Adaptive Massage
- Wellness Education
- Case Studies
Appendix A. Indications and Contraindications to Massage
Appendix B. Skin Pathology: Common Skin Disorders
Appendix C. Basic Pharmacology for the Massage Therapist
Sandy Fritz, MS, NCTMB, Founder, Owner, Director, and Head Instructor, Health Enrichment Center, School of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, Lapeer, Michigan