Sturdevant's Art and Science of Operative Dentistry - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Get a better picture of operative dentistry from the most complete text on the market. Using a detailed, heavily illustrated, step-by-step approach, this comprehensive guide helps you master the fundamentals and procedures of restorative and preventive dentistry and learn to make informed decisions to solve patient needs. This widely respected text draws from both theory and practice, and is supported by extensive clinical and laboratory research. The new edition features a new full-color design, significant content updates, and a new companion website with six supplemental chapters, videos, and more.
- Comprehensive coverage spans the entire spectrum of operative dentistry, including fundamentals, diagnosis, instrumentation, preparation, restoration, and prevention.
- Practical, scientific approach to content is supported by sound clinical and laboratory research and incorporates both theory and practice.
- Clear presentation of techniques and procedures uses a consistent pattern to cover each restorative process.
- Procedural alternatives instruct on how to adapt a procedure or technique to answer individual patient needs.
- Pros and cons of restoration options discuss the advantages, disadvantages, indications, and contraindications involved to help you make informed decisions when multiple treatment options are available.
- Significant revisions across all chapters streamline the book and make it easier to read.
- New full-color design gives you a better picture of concepts and procedure details.
- Companion website offers electronic access to the book, plus six supplemental chapters, videos, and weblinks.
- CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF DENTAL ANATOMY, HISTOLOGY, PHYSIOLOGY, AND OCCLUSION
- DENTAL CARIES: ETIOLOGY, CLINICAL CHARACTERISTICS, RISK ASSESSMENT, AND MANAGEMENT
- PATIENT ASSESSMENT, EXAMINATION AND DIAGNOSIS, AND TREATMENT PLANNING
- FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS OF ENAMEL AND DENTIN ADHESION
- FUNDAMENTALS IN TOOTH PREPARATION AND PULP PROTECTION
- INSTRUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR TOOTH PREPARATION
- PRELIMINARY CONSIDERATIONS FOR OPERATIVE DENTISTRY
- INTRODUCTION TO COMPOSITE RESTORATIONS
- CLASS III, IV, AND V DIRECT COMPOSITE AND GLASS IONOMER RESTORATIONS
- CLASS I, II, AND VI DIRECT COMPOSITE RESTORATIONS AND OTHER TOOTH-COLORED RESTORATIONS
- CLASS I AND II INDIRECT TOOTH-COLORED RESTORATIONS
- ADDITIONAL CONSERVATIVE ESTHETIC PROCEDURES
- INTRODUCTION TO AMALGAM RESTORATIONS
- CLASS I, II, AND VI AMALGAM RESTORATIONS
- CLASS III AND V AMALGAM RESTORATIONS
- COMPLEX AMALGAM RESTORATIONS
- CLASS II CAST METAL RESTORATIONS
- INFECTION CONTROL
- PAIN CONTROL FOR OPERATIVE DENTISTRY
- BONDED SPLINTS AND BRIDGES
- DIRECT GOLD RESTORATIONS
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON INSTRUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR TOOTH PREPARATION
Harold O. Heymann, DDS, MEd, Professor, Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, Edward J. Swift, DMD, MS, Professor and Chair, Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC and Andre V. Ritter, DDS, MS, MBA, PhD, Professor, Dept. of Cariology & Comprehensive Care, New York University