Anatomy and Physiology Online for Anatomy and Physiology (Access Code),8th Edition
Get some extra help mastering core terms, concepts and processes related to the anatomy and physiology of the human body with this comprehensive study guide! This guide provides a variety of chapter exercises and questions — including multiple choice, true or false, labeling, matching, application questions, crossword puzzles, and more — to help you apply concepts and test your A&P knowledge.
- Brief synopses of the core concepts at the start of each chapter provide a quick review of essential content.
- Crossword puzzle activities encourage the use of new vocabulary words and emphasize the proper spelling of terms.
- Application questions promote critical thinking and making judgments based on content already learned.
- One Last Quick Check exercises at the end of each chapter provide a final review of concepts that should be mastered.
- Diagrams and labeling exercises include key features marked by numbers for identification.
- Matching, fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, true/false and identification exercises for each chapter reinforce your understanding of chapter content.
- Answers to exercises are found in the back of the guide, along with references to the appropriate textbook page.
- Updated content and art reflect the changes made to the new edition of PattonÕs Anatomy and Physiology, including new crossword puzzles, revised chapter synopses, and additional exercises.
UNIT ONE: The Body as a Whole Introduction Seeing the Big Picture 1. Organization of the Body 2. The Chemical Basis of Life 3. Anatomy of Cells 4. Physiology of Cells
5. Cell Reproduction 6. Tissues UNIT TWO: Support and Movement 7. Skin and its Appendages 8. Skeletal Tissues 9. Skeletal System 10. Articulations 11. Anatomy of the Muscular System 12. Physiology of the Muscular System UNIT THREE: Communication, Control, and Integration 13. Nervous System Cells 14. Central Nervous System 15. Peripheral Nervous System
16. Autonomic Nervous System 17. Sense Organs 18. Endocrine Regulation
19. Endocrine Glands UNIT FOUR: Transportation and Defense 20. Blood 21. Anatomy of the Cardiovascular System 22. Physiology of the Cardiovascular System 23. Lymphatic System 24. Immune System 25. Stress UNIT FIVE: Transportation and Defense 26. Anatomy of the Respiratory System 27. Physiology of the Respiratory System 28. Anatomy of the Digestive System 29. Physiology of the Respiratory System 30. Nutrition and Metabolism 31. The Urinary System 32. Fluid and Electrolyte Balance 33. Acid-Base Balance UNIT SIX: Reproduction and Development 34. Male Reproductive System 35. Female Reproductive System 36. Growth and Development 37. Genetics and Heredity Answer Key
Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, MO, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (adjunct), New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY, Emeritus Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO and Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, WI