Workbook for Respiratory Care Anatomy and Physiology, 3rd Edition
As an adjunct to the text, this workbook helps reinforce essential respiratory care A&P concepts learned in the main text. Various learning activities encourage you to use recall, application, and analysis to develop the necessary critical thinking skills. Exercises include listing, matching, and labeling activities; critical thinking questions; case studies; and key concept questions that provide review and practice for the NBRC credentialing exam.
- Direct correlation with the 3rd edition of Respiratory Care Anatomy and Physiology makes it easy to parallel workbook activities with content from the main text.
- A variety of learning activities include fill-in-the-blank, matching, and labeling exercises to help you assess your knowledge of text content.
- Open-ended critical thinking questions ask you to apply your understanding of text material with a written response.
- Case studies place key subject matter in a clinical context to help you connect theory with practice.
- Key concept questions are NBRC-style multiple choice questions that require recall, application, and analysis.
- ALL NEW! Content is divided into easy-to-follow sections that progress in difficulty from recall exercises to application exercises.
Section I. The Respiratory System
1. The Airways and Alveoli
2. The Lungs and Chest Wall
3. Mechanics of Ventilation
5. Pulmonary Function Measurements
6. Pulmonary Blood Flow
7. Gas Diffusion
8. Oxygen Equilibrium and Transport
9. Carbon Dioxide Equilibrium and Transport
10. Acid-Base Regulation
11. Control of Ventilation
12. Ventilation-Perfusion Relationships
13. Clinical Assessment of Acid-Base and Oxygenation Status
14. Physiological Basis for Advanced Oxygenation and Lung Protective Strategies
15. NEW! Physiological Basis for Treating Sleep-Disordered Breathing
16. Fetal and Newborn Cardiopulmonary Physiology
Section II: The Cardiovascular System
17. Functional Anatomy of the Cardiovascular System
18. Cardiac Electrophysiology
19. The Electrocardiogram and Cardiac Arrhythmias
20. Control of Cardiac Output and Hemodynamics
Section III: The Renal System
21. Filtration, Urine Formation, and Fluid Regulation
22. Electrolyte and Acid-Base Regulation
Section IV: Integrated Responses in Exercise and Aging
23. Cardiopulmonary Response to Exercise in Health and Disease
24. Effects of Aging on the Cardiopulmonary System
Will Beachey, PhD, RRT, FAARC, St. Alexius Medical Center and
University of Mary
Bismarck, North Dakota, Elizabeth A. Hughes, PhD, RRT, AE-C, St.Alexius Medical Center and
The University of Mary
Bismarck, North Dakota and Christine K. Sperle, MEd, RRT, AE-C, St. Alexius Medical Center and
The University of Mary
Bismarck, North Dakota