Digital Radiography and PACS - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Written with the radiography student in mind, Digital Radiography and PACS, 2nd Edition provides the latest information on digital imaging systems, including computed radiography (CR), digital radiography (DR), and picture archiving and communications systems (PACS) as well as the data required by practicing technologists who are transitioning to digital imaging.
- Coverage of digital imaging and PACS is at just the right level for student radiographers and practicing technologists who are transitioning to digital imaging.
- Chapter outlines, learning objectives and key terms at the beginning of each chapter orient readers to the chapter content and assist with organizing study and comprehension.
- Bulleted summaries recap the main points of the chapter, ensuring you focus on the most important concepts conveyed by the chapter.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter are linked to the chapter objectives.
- The latest on CR and DR function and image enhancement and processing based on recently published research keeps you current with today’s imaging requirements.
- Complete coverage of PACS workstations, archiving solutions and system architectures provides a sound basis for understanding how individual systems work.
- Comprehensive quality control and management guidelines for PACS, CR and DR prepare you for on the job success.
- Careful alignment with digital imaging information required by the ASRT Core Curriculum ensures you are current with today’s procedures and modalities.
Part I: Introduction
1. Introduction to Digital Radiography and PACS
Part II: Basic Principles of Digital Radiography
2. Digital Image Characteristics
3. Digital Radiographic Image Processing and Manipulation
Part III: Digital Image Acquisition
4. Photostimulable Phosphor Image Capture
5. Flat Panel Array Image Acquisition
6. CCD/ CMOS Image Capture
Part IV: PACS
7. Basic Computer Principles
8. Networking and Communication Basics
9. PACS Fundamentals
10. PACS Archiving and Peripherals
Part V: Quality Control and Quality Management
11. Ensuring Quality in PACS
12. Quality Acceptance Testing within Digital Projection Imaging
Christi Carter, MSRS, RT(R), Faculty Director, Radiologic Science, Brookhaven College, Texas and Beth Veale, BSRS, MEd, RT(R)(QM), Associate Professor, Radiologic Sciences, Midwestern State University, Texas