A clear, concise approach provides just the right amount of information for massage therapy students! Know the Body covers muscle identification plus attachments, actions, stabilization functions, nerve innervation, palpation, and treatment considerations for each of those muscles. Hundreds of full-color illustrations make it easier to learn muscle and bone identification, as well as bony landmarks. With this book, students will learn — not simply memorize — the essentials of muscles, bones, and palpation.
Winner of the 2012 Association of American Publishers PROSE Award, Nursing & Allied Health Sciences!
1. Basic Kinesiology Terminology
2. The Skeletal System
3. How Muscles Function
4. Bone Palpation
5. Muscles of the Shoulder Girdle and Arm
6. Muscles of the Forearm and Hand
7. Muscles of the Spine and Rib Cage
8. Muscles of the Head
9. Muscles of the Pelvis and Thigh
10. Muscles of the Leg and Foot
Appendix: Stretching Atlas