Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Radiography - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource,6th Edition
A complete review for the Registry exam, Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Radiography: The Complete Study Guide and Career Planner, 6th Edition covers the five major subject areas of the ARRT exam in radiography. It is also an effective study guide for many radiography courses! Written in outline format, each review of a subject is followed by questions related specifically to that area. Two mock ARRT exams are included in the book, and online exams include a pool of over 1,400 review questions that may be randomly combined to generate a virtually limitless number of mock ARRT exams. From noted radiography educator William J. Callaway, this edition also provides advice on writing resumes and cover letters, interviewing, employer expectations, and continuing education requirements to help you make the transition to a successful career.
- Review of the five major subject areas covered on the ARRT exam, in an outline format, helps you concentrate on the most important information.
- Over 2,400 review questions in the book and online offer practice with a multiple-choice format similar to the ARRT exam.
- Thorough coverage of digital and computed radiography reflects the increased emphasis of these topics on the Registry exam.
- Online mock exams let you practice in tutorial mode -- with immediate feedback after each question -- or in exam mode, with feedback only after you complete the entire test.
- Online study tools include study tips for difficult questions and electronic flashcards with formulas, key terms, and important topics.
- Rationales for correct and incorrect answers are included in the appendix.
- Career preparation advice includes writing resumes and cover letters, tips for interviewing, a look at what employers expect, career advancement, basic financial planning, and continuing education requirements.
- Updates reflect the latest ARRT exam changes with expanded coverage of computed and direct radiography, a review of computed tomography along with questions, and an additional 200-question exam in the Review Activities and Challenge Tests chapter.
- Online access to mock exams.
- Job search preparation includes tips on how to submit online applications and resumes.
Part I: Review and Study Guide 1. Preparation for Review and Testing 2. Review of Radiation Protection 3. Review of Equipment Operation and Maintenance 4. Review of Image Production and Evaluation 5. Review of Radiographic Procedures: Anatomy, Positioning, Procedures, and Pathology 6. Review of Patient Care and Management 7. Review Activities and Challenge Tests Part II: Career Planning 8. Career Paths 9. Writing a Professional Resume 10. Interviewing Techniques 11. Employer Expectations Appendixes Answers to Review Questions Bibliography
William J. Callaway, MA, RT(R), Associate Dean, Department of Health Professions, Director, Associate Degree Radiography Program, Academic Services Division, Lincoln Land Community College, Springfield, IL, USA