Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Practical Nursing for the NCLEX-PN® Exam, 17th Edition
Prepare for success on the boards with Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Practical Nursing for the NCLEX-PN® Examination! Offering more than 4,000 NCLEX-PN exam-style practice questions, this effective review resource covers everything you will need to know come exam time. Chapters are organized by core clinical areas to help you focus on specialty areas such as pharmacology, nutrition and emergency nursing. This comprehensive resource also includes rationales for both correct and incorrect answers.
- Over 4,000 review questions provide you with extensive practice for the computerized licensure exam.
- Alternate item format questions prepare you for the interactive question types on the NCLEX exam.
- Test-taking strategies include helpful tips in preparing for the NCLEX-PN exam.
- Two comprehensive exams feature questions in all clinical areas giving you practice with an integrated exam, much like you will see on the NCLEX.
- Content organized by clinical area allows you to use the book as a study aid for all nursing exams throughout the curriculum.
- Rationales for both correct and incorrect answers explain the reasoning behind each answer option.
- Concise, student-friendly format summarizes essential nursing content in an easy-to-read outline format.
- The Evolve website provides practice questions broken down by specific content areas in both study and quiz/exam modes, giving you greater choices to customize your study sessions.
- A breakdown of the changes to the 2008 NCLEX-PN test plan prepares you for the latest version of the exam.
- A web link on the CD connects you to updates and technical support.
- Preparing for the Licensure Examination
- Nursing Concepts, the Nursing Process, and Trends in Nursing
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Maternity Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Nursing Care of the Aging Adult
- Emergency Preparedness
Appendix A – Standards of Practice and Educational Competencies of Graduates of Practical/Vocational Nursing Programs
Appendix B – Communicable Diseases and Infections of Childhood
Mary O. Eyles, PhD, RN, Consultant and Instructor, Institute of Advanced Studies, Hunterdon County PolyTech Career Academy, Flemington, NJ; Consultant and Director of Education, National Association for Practical Nurse Education and Service, Inc. (NAPNES), Alexandria, Virginia