Mosby's Nursing Video Skills - Basic Skills DVD, 4th Edition
This version of the videos is for institutional purchase, and includes networkable files that are loaded onto your institution’s server for student access.
With high-definition videos demonstrating how to perform nursing procedures, Mosby's Nursing Video Skills provides up-to-date, step-by-step instructions for the most important nursing skills. Printable procedure checklists and interactive screens of required equipment make it easier to learn and remember skills, and new animations show what’s happening inside the patient’s body. For each skill, NCLEX exam-style review questions help you assess your knowledge. Nursing video skills DVDs are compatible with all computers, tablets, and smartphones!
- Procedure videos clearly and accurately demonstrate how to perform each skill, and include printable procedure guidelines.
- Checklists in PDF format are included for each skill.
- A consistent format for each skill provides easy access to information:
- Safety includes key safety considerations for the specific skills.
- Delegation clarifies the RN’s role and the tasks that may be assigned to other personnel.
- Equipment features a hot-spot photo of all equipment required for a procedure, identifying each piece when rolled over by the cursor.
- Documentation provides guidelines and examples of what and how to document care as well as the patient’s response.
- Follow-up care outlines appropriate assessment, evaluation, and interventions.
- NCLEX exam-style review questions for each skill include rationales for all options to help you review and evaluate your comprehension.
- NEW! Audio of lung sounds and cardiac sounds makes it easier to learn the measurement of respirations and the pulse.
- NEW! Animations are included for skills in which much of the action is unseen, such as catheterization, intubation, and suctioning.
- New Making a Surgical Bed skill is added to the Basic Skills DVD.
Basic Infection Control
Performing hand hygiene
Using Personal Protective Equipment
Performing a complete and partial bed bath
Assisting with a tub bath or shower
Performing back massage
Performing perineal care for the female patient
Performing perineal care for the male patient
Making the unoccupied bed
Making the occupied bed
NEW! Making the surgical bed
Safe Patient Handling
Assisting with moving a patient in bed
Assisting with positioning a patient in bed
Transferring from bed to wheelchair using a transfer belt
Transferring from bed to a stretcher
Performing passive range-of-motion exercises
Applying elastic stockings
Assisting with ambulation using a gait belt
Using a sequential compression device
Using a hydraulic lift
Assisting with Elimination
Assisting with a urinal
Assisting with a bedpan
Applying a condom catheter
Administering a cleansing enema
Providing catheter care
Nutrition & Fluids
Assisting with meals
Taking aspiration precautions
Measuring intake and output
Personal Hygiene & Grooming
Performing oral hygiene for an unconscious patient
Performing hair care and shampooing in bed
Shaving a male patient
Performing nail and foot care
Assisting with gown change
Taking a temperature
Assessing radial pulse
Assessing apical pulse
Assessing apical-radial pulse
Assessing respiration: rate, rhythm, and effort
Obtaining blood pressure by the one-step method
Obtaining blood pressure by the two-step method
Measuring oxygen saturation with pulse oximetry
Measuring height and weight
Restraints and Alternatives
Using restraint alternatives