Mosby's Nursing Video Skills - Intermediate Skills DVD, 4th Edition
This version of the videos is for institutional purchase, and includes networkable files that are loaded onto your institution’s server for student access.
With high-definition videos demonstrating how to perform nursing procedures, Mosby's Nursing Video Skills provides up-to-date, step-by-step instructions for the most important nursing skills. Printable procedure checklists and interactive screens of required equipment make it easier to learn and remember skills, and new animations show what’s happening inside the patient’s body. For each skill, NCLEX exam-style review questions help you assess your knowledge. Nursing video skills DVDs are compatible with all computers, tablets, and smartphones!
- Procedure videos clearly and accurately demonstrate how to perform each skill, and include printable procedure guidelines.
- Checklists in PDF format are included for each skill.
- A consistent format for each skill provides easy access to information:
- Safety includes key safety considerations for the specific skills.
- Delegation clarifies the RN’s role and the tasks that may be assigned to other personnel.
- Equipment features a hot-spot photo of all equipment required for a procedure, identifying each piece when rolled over by the cursor.
- Documentation provides guidelines and examples of what and how to document care as well as the patient’s response.
- Follow-up care outlines appropriate assessment, evaluation, and interventions.
- NCLEX exam-style review questions for each skill include rationales for all options to help you review and evaluate your comprehension.
- NEW! Audio of lung sounds and cardiac sounds makes it easier to learn the measurement of respirations and the pulse.
- NEW! Animations are included for skills in which much of the action is unseen, such as catheterization, intubation, and suctioning.
Establishing & maintaining sterile field
Adding items to a sterile field
Pouring a sterile solution
Using a pre-packaged sterile kit
Performing sterile gloving
Inserting a nasogastric tube
Providing enteral feedings
Removing a feeding tube
Pouching a colostomy
Pouching a ureterostomy
Respiratory Care and Suctioning
Ensuring oxygen safety
Setting oxygen flow rates
Applying a nasal cannula or face mask
Maintaining an airway
Providing tracheostomy care
Performing oropharyngeal suctioning
Performing nasotracheal suctioning
Suctioning an artificial airway
Preoperative Nursing Care
Performing a preoperative assessment
Promoting family support and participation
Teaching postoperative exercises and pain management
Preparing a patient for surgery
Postoperative Nursing Care
Providing postoperative care
Managing a nasogastric tube
Collecting a midstream urine specimen
Performing fecal occult blood testing
Performing gastroccult and gastric pH testing
Collecting a sputum specimen
Collecting a specimen for wound culture
Performing blood glucose testing
Screening urine for chemical properties
Urinary Catheter Management
Inserting an indwelling urinary catheter in a female patient
Inserting an indwelling urinary catheter in a male patients
Irrigating a urinary catheter
Performing intermittent straight catheterization
Obtaining a sterile urine specimens
Removing indwelling urinary catheter
Caring for suprapubic catheter
Wound and Pressure Ulcer Care
Changing a dressing
Using wound drainage systems
Caring for pressure ulcers