AACN Core Curriculum for High Acuity, Progressive and Critical Care Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 7th Edition
From the experts at the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) comes the definitive resource for critical care certification and clinical practice. This new seventh edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect the current state of high acuity, progressive, and critical care nursing practice and includes expanded coverage of pain management, palliative care, and end-of-life care; transplantation; and key AACN initiatives. It also reflects the most current literature, national and international guidelines, clinical studies, and of course, the newest content on the CCRN® exam.
- Authored by the experts at the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses.
- Reflects the most recent blueprint of the CCRN examination.
- Content spans basic to advanced levels with an emphasis on nursing practice.
- Organized by body system and written in a concise outline format for ease of use.
- Coverage of the AACN Synergy Model is featured in the new opening chapter.
- Professional Care and Ethical Practice is integrated into the Core Curriculum series framework.
- A new chapter on Critical Care Patients with Special Needs includes bariatric and geriatric patients in critical care, as well as high-risk obstetric patients.
- Features new content on chest tubes, liver transplantation for acute liver failure, spirituality, and spiritual aspects of care.
- Integrates pain as the 5th vital sign and includes JCAHO, HCFA, and AHCPR guidelines relating to pain management.
- Features AHRQ evidence-based practice guidelines as reference sources for practice interventions.
- New organization for Patient Care presents patient problems, needs, etc. in order of clinical priority.
- Expanded Nursing Interventions includes considerations related to patient/family education, patient transfer, and discharge planning.
- Web-based resources for CDC, AHA, NINR, National Guideline Clearinghouse, NIH Consensus Conference Proceedings, ADA.
1. Professional Caring and Ethical Practice
2. Pulmonary System
3. Cardiovascular System
4. Neurologic System
5. Renal System
6. Endocrine System
7. Hematologic and Immune Systems
8. Gastrointestinal System
a. Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome and Specific Shock
b. Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome
c. Multisystem Trauma
f. Toxin Exposure
10. Psychosocial Aspects of High Acuity and Critical Care
11. Critical Care Patients with Special Needs
a. Bariatric Patients
b. Care of the Older Adult
c. High-Risk Obstetric Patients
d. Patient Transport
e. Sedation in Critically Ill Patients
f. Pain in the Critically Ill Patient
g. Palliative and End-of-Life Care