ECGs Made Easy - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Now it’s easier than ever to understand and interpret basic dysrhythmias! Barbara J. Aehlert’s ECGs Made Easy, 5th Edition uses a clear, conversational approach and plenty of practice exercises to help you learn ECG recognition. Add the practice rhythm strips in the book with those on the Evolve companion website, and you have more than 500 practice strips for ECG interpretation. Each ECG rhythm includes a sample rhythm strip and a discussion of possible patient symptoms and general treatment guidelines. Also included are ECG Pearls with insights based on real-world experience, Drug Pearls highlighting medications used to treat dysrhythmias, and a handy plastic heart rate calculator ruler for fast interpretation of rhythms.
- Clear ECG discussions highlight what you need to know about ECG mechanisms, rhythms, and heart blocks, such as: How Do I Recognize It? What Causes It? What Do I Do About It?
- ECG Pearl boxes offer useful hints for interpreting ECGs, such as the importance of the escape pacemaker.
- Drug Pearl boxes highlight various medications used to treat dysrhythmias.
- Introduction to the 12-Lead ECG chapter provides all the basics for this advanced skill, including determining electrical axis, ECG changes associated with myocardial ischemia and infarction, bundle branch block, and other conditions.
- A comprehensive post-test at the end of the book measures your understanding.
- A heart rate calculator ruler is included with each textbook, so you can measure heart rates while practicing ECG recognition.
- Chapter objectives and key terms focus your attention on the most important information.
- A new two-column design adds visual appeal and makes content easier to read.
- 49 new anatomical drawings and 51 new skills photos are included, for a total of almost 400 illustrations -- all in full color.
- Eight new illustrated, step-by-step skills include easy-to-follow instructions for performing basic techniques.
- Stop and Review chapter quizzes are expanded to include 200 practice ECG tracings, and now include answers at the end of each chapter.
- Learning objectives are added within text content to emphasize key points.
- An expanded companion CD includes ECG video clips and 100 more ECG strips with interpretation on PowerPoint -- for a total of 250 practice strips.
1. Anatomy and Physiology 2. Basic Electrophysiology 3. Sinus Mechanisms 4. Atrial Rhythms 5. Junctional Rhythms 6. Ventricular Rhythms 7. Atrioventricular (AV) Blocks 8. Pacemaker Rhythms 9. Introduction to the 12-Lead ECG 10. Post-Test Glossary
Barbara J Aehlert, RN, BSPA, Southwest EMS Education Inc., Phoenix, AZ and Pursley, TX, USA