Essentials of Kinesiology for the Physical Therapist Assistant - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 2nd Edition
The second edition of Essentials of Kinesiology for the Physical Therapist Assistant continues to deliver a rich and varied learning experience that is needed to succeed in today’s fast-paced PTA programs. Clear, concise explanations of anatomy and function, full-color illustrations and unique atlas-style chapters make even the most complex concepts easy to master. Plus, a robust lineup of on- and off-line resources, featuring the companion Evolve website, give you all the tools you need to succeed both in the classroom and the clinical setting.
- Nearly 400 high-quality images used throughout the text visually reinforce key concepts.
- Clinical Insight and Consider This… boxes detail kinesiologic issues specifically related to clinical practice and special interest to help you focus on how principles are applied in practice and how they affect people’s everyday lives.
- At the end of each chapter, Summary Boxes provide a visual summary of the key topics covered in the section to help you make sure you’ve grasped the content.
- Study Questions at the end of each chapter help you prepare for examinations.
- Key Terminology listings in each chapter, with definitions in the glossary, help you master the language of kinesiology.
- Additional Readings, with a listing of sources for additional reading, provide you with sources for more information on topics of interest.
- Learning Objectives listed at the beginning of each chapter give you an overview of the chapter and a checklist to help prepare for examinations.
- The approachable writing style simplifies complex topics and tailors information to your needs as a PTA student.
- Practicing terminology is easy with the Evolve website’s online flashcards and labeling exercises, plus a bibliography simplifies research and helps you quickly find what you need.
- NEW! Full-color design makes content more vivid.
- NEW! Expanded clinical content offers a clearer understanding of structure and function.
- NEW! Video clips and clinical photos provide a clear demonstration of palpation techniques.
1. Basic Principles of Kinesiology
2. Structure and Function of Joints
3. Structure and Function of Skeletal Muscle
4. Structure and Function of the Shoulder Complex
5. Structure and Function of the Elbow and Forearm Complex
6. Structure and Function of the Wrist
7. Structure and Function of the Hand
8. Structure and Function of the Vertebral Column
9. Structure and Function of the Hip
10. Structure and Function of the Knee
11. Structure and Function of the Ankle and Foot
12. Fundamentals of Gait
13. Temporomandibular Joint and Ventilation
ANSWERS TO CHAPTER STUDY QUESTIONS
Paul Jackson Mansfield, MPT, Professor and Program Coordinator, Physical Therapist Assistant Program, Milwaukee Area Technical College, Milwaukee, WI and Donald A. Neumann, PhD, PT, FAPTA, Professor, Department of Physical Therapy and Exercise Science, College of Health Sciences, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI