Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Nursing for NCLEX-RN® Examination - eBook, 20th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
A classic resource that has helped nurses pass the NCLEX exam for over 60 years, Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Nursing for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 20th Edition is fully updated to reflect the newest NCLEX-RN test plan. Content review is presented in a concise and full-color outline format organized by the core areas of medical-surgical, pediatric, maternity/women's health, and mental health nursing, with a practice test following each unit. More than 4,200 practice questions and rationales -- including more than 600 questions in the newest alternate item formats -- are written by a team of trusted NCLEX experts led by author Patricia M. Nugent. A companion CD enhances your NCLEX review by allowing you to customize quizzes and exams and download audio review summaries of key content.
- Over 4,200 practice questions in the book and on the companion CD provide ample practice opportunities in both print and electronic testing formats.
- Review questions are grouped by categories of concern to focus your study on any areas of weakness.
- Detailed rationales for correct and incorrect answers are provided with every question.
- Text references are provided with the answer rationales for further study of difficult topics.
- Two comprehensive exams are coded by clinical area, client need, nursing process, and cognitive level, to help you evaluate your strengths and weaknesses.
- An overview of the latest NCLEX-RN test plan describes the recent changes and additions to content.
- Companion CD allows you to create customized quizzes and exams based on clinical area, NCLEX client needs category, nursing process, and cognitive level.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the newest NCLEX-RN test plan.
- NEW! 15% of total questions are alternate item formats, including new audio and graphic option formats.
- NEW and UNIQUE! An NCLEX Preparation Toolkit and two comprehensive exams help you strategize your review across clinical disciplines.
- Hundreds of NEW or revised questions reflect the increased emphasis on management of care, patient safety, and alternate format items.
- A NEW section on nursing management discusses key concepts such as delegation and leadership.
- NEW! Downloadable audio summaries for medical-surgical nursing topics allow for on-the-go study.
Introduction for Students Preparing for the NCLEX-RN® Examination Unit 1: Foundations of Nursing Practice 1. Factors Influencing Client Needs and Nursing Care 2. Basics of Nursing Practice 3. Integral Aspects of Nursing Care 4. Foundations of Nursing Practice Review Questions with Answers and Rationales Unit 2: Medical-Surgical Nursing 5. Growth and Development of the Adult 6. Nursing Care of Clients with Circulatory System (Cardiovascular, Blood, and Lymphatic Systems) Disorders 7. Nursing Care of Clients with Respiratory System Disorders 8. Nursing Care of Clients with Gastrointestinal System Disorders 9. Nursing Care of Clients with Endocrine System Disorders 10. Nursing Care of Clients with Integumentary System Disorders 11. Nursing Care of Clients with Neuromusculoskeletal System Disorders 12. Nursing Care of Clients with Urinary/Reproductive System Disorders 13. Nursing Care of Clients with Infectious Diseases 14. Medical-Surgical Nursing Review Questions with Answers and Rationales Unit 3: Mental Health/Psychiatric Nursing 15. Foundations of Mental Health/Psychiatric Nursing 16. The Practice of Mental Health/Psychiatric Nursing 17. Nursing Care of Clients with Disorders Usually First Evident in Infancy, Childhood, or Adolescence 18. Nursing Care of Clients with Disorders Related to Alterations in Cognition and Perception 19. Nursing Care of Clients with Disorders Related to Anxiety and Alterations in Mood 20. Nursing Care of Clients with Disorders Related to Alterations in Behavior 21. Nursing Care of Clients with Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders 22. Mental Health/Psychiatric Nursing Review Questions with Answers and Rationales Unit 4: Childbearing and Women's Health Nursing 23. Nursing Care to Promote Childbearing and Women's Health 24. Nursing Care Related to Major Disorders Affecting Women's Health 25. Nursing Care of Women During Uncomplicated Pregnancy, Labor, Childbirth, and the Postpartum Period 26. Nursing Care of Women at Risk During Pregnancy, Labor, Childbirth, and the Postpartum Period 27. Nursing Care of the Newborn 28. Childbearing and Women's Health Nursing Review Questions with Answers and Rationales Unit 5: Child Health Nursing 29. Foundations of Child Health Nursing 30. Nursing Care of Infants 31. Nursing Care of Toddlers 32. Nursing Care of Preschoolers 33. Nursing Care of School-Age Children 34. Nursing Care of Adolescents 35. Child Health Nursing Review Questions with Answers and Rationales Unit 6: NCLEX Preparation Toolkit Study Worksheet for the Comprehensive Examination Comprehensive Test
Patricia M. Nugent, RN, AAS, BS, MS, EdM, EdD, Professor Emerita, Nassau Community College, Garden City, NY; President, Nugent Books, Huntington, NY, Judith S. Green, RN, AA, BA, MA, Professor Emerita, Nassau Community College, Garden City, NY, Field Supervisor, A & B Health Service, Hicksville, NY, Mary Ann Hellmer Saul, RNCS, AAS, BS, MS, PhD, Nassau Community College and Phyllis K. Pelikan, RN, AAS, BS, MA, Professor Emerita, Nassau Community College, Garden City, NY; President, PKP Books, Inc., Wantaugh, NY