Joint Mobilization/Manipulation - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and
you will not be charged until the item ships.
This highly illustrated text is the only book to include manipulation and mobilization techniques for both spine and extremity. This edition includes a new title that reflects the focus on evidence- based practice as well as more information on the spine, most notably with regard to joint play. Clearly labeled photos show the direction of force in techniques. A companion DVD offers video demonstrating how to perform the major procedures covered in the text.
- Description of joint mobilization, along with pictures, make procedures easy to understand and then perform.
- Unique focus on spine and extremities provides learners with information all in one place.
- Contraindications/precautions and indications included for each joint mobilization help to apply mobilizations to actual clinical situations.
- Evidence-based introductions begin each chapter to provide the latest research and rationalization for specific procedures.
- New information on the examination of joint play, especially in reference to the spine, provides the latest information available.
- Clearly labeled photos show the direction of force on the photographs that show the techniques.
- More information on osteokinematic and arthrokinematic motion, and degrees of freedom, provides perspective on the body planes.
- Better definitions of mobilization and manipulation.
- In the cervical spine chapter, additional mobilization techniques, such as Paris cervical gliding, have been added.
- Grade V (thrust) techniques have been added to the spine chapters
- More muscle energy techniques added to spine chapters
- Companion CD-ROM includes videos of manipulation and mobilization techniques covered in the text.
2. Principles of Examination, Evaluation and Intervention
The Appendicular Skeletal System
3. The Shoulder
4. The Elbow
5. The Wrist and Hand
6. The Hip
7. The Knee and Lower Leg
8. The Ankle and Foot
The Axillary Skeletal System
9. Introduction to the Axillary Skeletal System
10. The Temporomandibular Joint
11. The Cervical Spine
12. The Thoracic Spine
13. The Lumbar Spine
14. The Pelvic Joints
Susan L. Edmond, PT, DSC, OCS