Play in Occupational Therapy for Children - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Page Count: 480
List Price: $75.95
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Focused on the importance of play in evaluating and treating children with disabilities, Play in Occupational Therapy for Children, 2nd Edition presents play theories and assessments along with the theories and assessments reached from research conducted by occupational therapists and occupational scientists. This edition also includes five new chapters that reflect the latest developments in the areas of autism, play assessment, play for institutionalized toddlers, school-based play, and play and assistive technology in an early intervention program to provide you with the most up-to-date information available.
- Case Studies highlighted in special boxes provide snapshots of real-life situations and solutions to help you apply key concepts in the clinical setting.
- Clinical trials and outcome studies emphasize evidence-based practice.
- Key Terms, Chapter Objectives, and Review Questions help you assess and evaluate what you’ve learned.
- A clean two-color format highlights learning points to emphasize important concepts.
- Additional Evolve Resources include video clips for clinical assessment, web links, references, and assessment forms found in the book provide you with additional learning tools.
Part I: Introduction to Play and Occupational Therapy
1. Play and Occupational Therapy
Part II: Assessment of Play
2. The Play History Interview: A Narrative Approach
3. The Revised Knox Preschool Play Scale
4. The Test of Playfulness (ToP)
5. Assessment of Play and Leisure in Adolescents
6. Family Narratives and Play Assessment
Part III: Play as a Means for Enhancing Development and Skill Acquisition
7. The Power of Object Play for Infants and Toddlers
8. Play to Support Development of Institutionalized Toddlers
9. Play and Sensory Integration in Early Childhood
10. Play in Middle Childhood
11. Play in School-Based Occupational Therapy
Part IV: Play as a Goal of Intervention
12. Integrating Children with Disabilities into Family Play
13. Fostering Parent-Infant Playfulness in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
14. Play for Children with Autism: Structure and Experience
15. Doing With—Not Doing To: Play and the Child with Cerebral Palsy
16. Accessing Play Through Assistive Technology
17. Play and Assistive Technology in an Early Intervention Program
18. Storytelling, Storymaking, and Fantasy Play
L. Diane Parham, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Chief, Division of Occupational Therapy, Director, Occupational Therapy Graduate Program, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA and Linda S. Fazio, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Professor, Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA