Clinical Companion for Maternity Nursing - Elsevier Digital Book (Retail Access Card),
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Page Count: 704
List Price: $28.95
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Clinical Companion for Maternity Nursing is designed to give students an accessible, quick reference to the information needed in the clinical setting in order to provide competent and sensitive care to childbearing families. It presents coverage of women's health, pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum, and care of the newborn.
- Patient Instructions for Self-Care provides guidelines for the nurse to give to the patient to practice self-care and transfer information from the hospital to the home.
- Women's health section focuses on risk identification and anticipatory guidance.
- Health promotion is integrated throughout to maintain a focus on wellness as an integral part of today's maternity nursing care.
- Nurse Alert boxes highlight critical information for the nurse.
- English/Spanish guidelines boxes provide a handy reference for communicating with and teaching patients and families.
- Medication guides offer information about the most common drugs.
- Emergency and Signs of Potential Complications boxes alert the nurse to signs and symptoms of various emergency situations and provide interventions for immediate implementation.
- Step-by-step procedures help the nurse understand the full scope of nursing practice.
UNIT 1: MATERNAL-NEWBORN NURSING
1. Maternity-Infant Nursing
2. The Family and Culture
3. Community and Home Care
UNIT 2: WOMEN'S HEALTH
4. Assessment and Health Promotion
5. Common Reproductive System Concerns and Problems
6. Contraception, Infertility, and Abortion
UNIT 3: PREGNANCY
7. Genetic, Conception, and Fetal Development
8. Assessment for Risk Factors
9. Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy
10. Maternal and Fetal Nutrition
11. Nursing Care during Pregnancy
12. Complications of Pregnancy
UNIT 4: CHILDBIRTH
13. Labor and Birth Processes
14. Management of Discomfort
15. Fetal Assessment during Labor
16. Nursing Care during Labor
17. Labor and Birth Complications
UNIT 5: POSTPARTUM
18. Maternal Physiologic Changes
19. Nursing Care of the Postpartum Woman
20. Transition to Parenthood
21. Postpartum Complications
UNIT 6: NEWBORN
22. Physiologic and Behavioral Adaptations of the Newborn
23. Assessment and Care of the Newborn
24. Newborn Nutrition and Feeding
25. Anticipatory Guidance for Care of the Newborn at Home
26. Problems of the Newborn Related to Gestational Age
27. Acquired and Congenital Problems of the Newborn
28. Grieving the Loss of a Newborn
Appendix A: English-Spanish Translations
Appendix B: Medication Guides
Appendix C: Standard Precautions
Shannon E. Perry, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA and Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk, RNC, PhD, FAAN, Clinical Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC