Illustrated Orthopedic Physical Assessment - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
- Chapters are logically organized by region, and tests within each chapter are arranged alphabetically, so you can find the information you need in seconds!
- Each test begins with a brief discussion of basic anatomy, then moves into a description of the actual procedure and ends with next-step directives.
- Critical Thinking questions at the end of each chapter help you apply what you’ve learned to clinical practice.
- Orthopedic Gamuts provide summaries of key points in a concise list – numerous gamuts within each chapter help you master material quickly and easily.
- Clinical Pearls share the author’s knowledge gained through years of clinical experience, helping you avoid common misdiagnoses.
- Cross-reference tables offer at-a-glance guidance on which tests should be used to diagnose particular diseases, for maximum accuracy and efficiency in practice.
- Each chapter begins with an index of tests for easy reference, and axioms that remind you of elemental information, such as how painful certain maneuvers may be or the extent of some body parts’ range.
- Contains a chapter on malingering (non-organically-based complaints), helping you investigate and determine the root cause of complaint, whether due to injury, for psychological reasons, or an attempt to feign injury for various purposes, such as for improper receipt of worker’s compensation.
- Full-color photographs demonstrate how to perform 237 orthopedic tests!
- At the Viewbox feature contains high-quality radiographs that depict various pathologies, as well as musculature and other anatomy that can’t be shown photographically.
1. Principles in Assessing Musculoskeletal Disorders
2. Cardinal Symptoms and Signs
3. Cervical Spine
6. Forearm, Wrist, and Hand
7. Thoracic Spine
8. Lumbar Spine
9. Pelvis and Sacroiliac Joint
12. Lower Leg, Ankle, and Foot
Glossary of Abbreviations
Appendix A—Answers to Critical Thinking Questions
Ronald C. Evans, DC, FACO, FICC, Fellow, Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists; Fellow, International College of Chiropractic; Senior Staff, ICON Whole Health; Past-Chairman of the Iowa Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Iowa Department of Public Health; Chief Executive Officer, Iowa Chiropractic Physicians Clinic, Des Moines, IA; Trustee, Foundation for Chiropractic Education and Research, Des Moines, IA; Examiner Emeritus, American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedists, Member, Oversight Advisory Committe, Chiropractic Health Care Project, Department of Defense of the United States of America