Laboratory Procedures for Veterinary Technicians - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 5th Edition
- Clearly presents the fundamentals of microbiology, hematology, urinalysis, immunology, parasitology, and cytology along with the laboratory procedures used to perform tests in these fields.
- Features the latest information on the most widely used tests, including complete blood count, urinalysis, and immunology assays.
- Features step-by-step procedure boxes, for quick mastery of essential skills.
- Extensive full-color illustrations enhance descriptions of normal and abnormal findings.
- New co-author Margi Sirois is a respected author and renowned speaker on laboratory procedures, particularly clinical pathology.
- Now in full-color with hundreds of vivid illustrations that demonstrate key concepts.
- New smaller size is more convenient and portable.
- Features expanded sections on laboratory safety and quality control, all routine CBC and coagulation tests, serum chemistry tests, electrolyte and endocrine function testing, innate and adaptive immune systems, bone marrow evaluation, and cytology sample collection and handling.
- New sections include the formation of blood cells, histograms produced by automated cell counters, bacterial and fungal morphology, microorganisms, molecular diagnostics, radioimmunoassay and fluorescent antibody (FA) testing, the physiology of immunity, and algorithms for the evaluation of cytology samples.
- Dozens of new chemistry, hematology, and microbiology boxes and tables synthesize essential information.
- Key Points summarize important concepts for quick review.
1. The Veterinary Practice Laboratory
2. Hematology and Hemostasis
3. Clinical Chemistry
4. Diagnostic Microbiology
6. Internal Parasites
7. External Parasites
8. Immunology, Serology, and Molecular Diagnostics
Charles M. Hendrix, DVM, PhD, Professor of Parasitology, Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn University, Auburn, AL and Margi Sirois, EdD, MS, RVT, LAT, Wright Career College, Overland Park, Kansas, USA