Ethical and Legal Issues for Imaging Professionals - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 2nd Edition
- Imaging Scenarios spark classroom discussion and encourage students to apply what they have learned and develop critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Review Questions at the end of each chapter allow students to test their retention of chapter content.
- Critical Thinking Questions and Activities helps students examine their personal responses to various situations and encourages them to expand on their knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Professional Profiles present a brief glimpse into how ethics and law impact the daily lives of professional imaging technologists.
- Margin Definitions and Glossary provide an easily accessible resource to understanding terminology.
- Learning Objectives and Chapter Outline focus the student on the most important content.
- Discussion of limited radiographers, health care literacy, HIPAA, employee rights, whistle blowing, and relevant new technologies include the most current information available to keep readers up-to-date on topics in their field.
- More relevant and up-to-date case studies keep readers current on situations they may face in the field.
- Expanded content on the history of ethics gives users a better understanding of ethics.
- Updated legal terminology provides the most current information on the ever-changing world of law.
- Bulleted key point summaries highlight important information from each chapter for easy review.
1. Ethical and Legal Foundations
2. Principles of Beneficence and Nonmaleficence
3. Caring and Communication
4. Patient Autonomy and Informed Consent
5. Truthfulness and Confidentiality
6. Death and Dying
7. Health Care Distribution
8. Student and Employee Rights
10. Overview of Future Challenges
Appendix A: Code of Ethics
Appendix B: Sample Documentation Forms
Answers to Chapter Review Questions
Doreen M. Towsley-Cook, Doreen M. Towsley-Cook, MAE, RT(R), FAERS), Former Radiologic Sciences Program Director, Private Educational Consultant, Allen Memorial Hospital, Waterloo, IA; Creative Enterprises Unlimited, Cedar Falls, IA, USA and Terese A. Young, JD, RT(R), CNMT, Polk City, IA, USA