Examine the diverse ways animal bodies function at both the systemic and cellular levels with this vital resource. It brings you clear coverage essential to understanding the clinical relevance of anatomical and physiological principles. Fully updated and written by respected veterinary technician educators, this popular textbook is the practical, comprehensive foundation for your success in veterinary technology.
- Clinical application boxes help you sharpen your skills and apply principles to practice.
- Test Yourself boxes throughout chapters emphasize important study points.
- An extensive glossary provides quick reference to hundreds of important terms and definitions.
- Over 300 new illustrations help you identify structures with rich, realistic clarity.
- A NEW full color format visually enhances your understanding of anatomic and physiologic concepts.
- Four NEW chapters give you the latest insight on the chemical basis of life, nutrition and metabolism, pregnancy, development, and lactation, and reptile and amphibian anatomy and physiology.
- A revised chapter on the cardiovascular system helps you most effectively comprehend the complex functions of the heart and blood vessels.
1. Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
2. Chemical Basis for Life
3. The Amazing Cell
4. Tissues: Living Communities
5. The Integumentary System
6. Skeletal System
7. Muscular System
8. Cardiovascular System
9. Blood, Lymph and Immunity
10. Respiratory System
11. Digestive System
12. Nutrition and Metabolism
13. Nervous System
14. Sense Organs
15. Endocrine System
16. Urinary System
17. Reproductive System
18. Pregnancy, Development and Lactation
19. Avian Anatomy and Physiology
20. Reptilian and Amphibian Anatomy and Physiology