Ergonomics for TheTherapists - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card),3rd Edition
- Reader-friendly approach makes complex material easier to grasp.
- Client-centered framework helps you understand the client's critical role in maintaining an ergonomically sound environment.
- 6 new chapters give you vital scientific support for the latest ergonomic developments in:
- Ergonomics/Work Assessments
- Ergonomics for Children and Youth in the Educational Environment
- Ergonomics of Aging
- Ergonomics of Play and Leisure
- Revised Cognitive and Behavioral Occupational Demands of Work, Physical Environment, and Certifications and Professional Associations in Ergonomics report key changes so you can provide your clients with the most current approaches to critical areas and ensure professional success.
- Case studies and learning exercises in every chapter test your ability to apply principles and solve problems in realistic scenarios.
- Learning objectives, glossary boxes, and review questions identify the most important concepts in each chapter and make learning more focused and effective.
- New photographs and illustrations help you implement what you've learned by demonstrating ergonomics in action.
Part I: Overview and Conceptual Framework
1. Ergonomics and Therapy: An Introduction
2. A Client-Centered Framework for Therapists in Ergonomics
Part II: Knowledge, Tools, and Techniques
4. Ergonomic Assessments/Work Assessments
6. Basic Biomechanics
7. Cognitive and Behavioral Occupational Demands of Work
8. Psychosocial Factors in Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorders
9. Physical Environment
10. Human Factors in Medical Rehabilitation Equipment: Product Development and Usability Testing
Part III: Special Considerations
11. Lifting Analysis
13. Computers and Assistive Technology
Part IV: Application Process
14. Ergonomics of Children and Youth
15. Ergonomics of Aging
16. Ergonomics in Injury Prevention and Disability Management
17. Ergonomics of Play and Leisure
18. Evidence-Based Practice in Ergonomics
Part V: Resources
19. Certifications and Professional Associations in Ergonomics
20. Economics and Marketing of Ergonomic Services
Appendix A. Job Analysis and Design Considerations
Appendix B. Ergonomic Information Sheets for Consumers
Appendix C. Answers to Review Questions
Karen Jacobs, EdD, OTR/L, CPE, FAOTA
EdD, OTR/L, CPE, FAOTA, Clinical Professor, Department of Occupational Therapy and Rehabilitation Counseling, Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Boston University, Boston, MA
Clinical Associate Professor of Occupational Therapy, Boston University, Boston; President, American Occupational Therapy Association, Bethesda, Maryland