Radiographic Pathology for Technologists - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 5th Edition
- Summary tables at the end of each chapter list pathologies with the preferred imaging modality for each.
- UNIQUE! Discussions of correlative and differential diagnoses explain the role of high-quality images in the diagnostic process.
- Trauma chapter emphasizes the multi-system implications of traumatic injuries.
- Chapter outlines, objectives, and key terms highlight the most important concepts within the chapter.
- Multiple-choice and discussion questions at the end of each chapter, with answers in the appendix, provide an opportunity to assess your learning.
- Chapter on the endocrine system discusses the role of radiographic examination in diagnosing metabolic disease.
- Updated radiographs and illustrations offer a more representative sample of various pathologies including nuclear medicine, PET, and sonography provide a more comprehensive look at identifying pathologies with medical imaging.
- Revised chapter order reflects the way a radiographic pathology course is typically taught.
- Discussions of cutting-edge technology provide you with the most up-to-date information on 3-D reconstructions, PET imaging, molecular imaging, monoclonal antibody technology, advances in cardiac imaging, and fusion technologies.
1. Introduction to Pathology
2. The Skeletal System
3. The Respiratory System
4. The Abdomen and Gastrointestinal System
5. The Hepatobiliary System
6. The Urinary System
7. The Central Nervous System
8. The Cardiovascular System
9. The Hemopoietic System
10. The Reproductive System
11. The Endocrine System—NEW!
12. Traumatic Disease
Image Credits and Courtesies
Nina Kowalczyk, Ph.D., R.T.(R)(CT)(QM), FASRT, Assistant Professor/RA Clinical Coordinator, Radiologic Sciences and Therapy Division, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH and James D. Mace, MBA, RT(R), PACS Specialist, Medical IT, Philips Medical Systems, Powell, OH, USA