The Muscle and Bone Palpation Manual with Trigger Points, Referral Patterns and Stretching - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card),
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and
you will not be charged until the item ships.
With more than 1,000 vibrant, full-color illustrations and over 4 hours of detailed video demonstrations, THE MUSCLE AND BONE PALPATION MANUAL is the most visually engaging way to help you master and successfully apply palpation techniques in massage therapy. This innovative text uses unique, richly detailed photographic illustrations of muscles as they appear under the skin to give you a thorough understanding of effective palpation. This comprehensive guide provides unparalleled preparation for professional success.
- Full-color musculoskeletal overlays depict muscles and bones exactly as they appear when palpated to help you locate tissues and landmarks with confidence.
- Comprehensive palpation coverage helps you easily identify muscle names, attachments, actions, palpation steps, and more.
- Video demonstrations on two companion DVDs demonstrate and reinforce correct muscle palpation.
- Joseph Muscolino’s popular, concise writing style makes the science of palpation clear and accessible, encouraging critical thinking skills.
- Trigger points and referral patterns included for each muscle provide convenient access to guidelines for additional client assessment and treatment.
- Massage-specific treatment options guide you from palpation and assessment to practical treatment application.
- Stretching protocols and illustrations broaden your treatment capabilities.
- Comprehensive Body Mechanics chapter details 10 guidelines to help maximize efficiency during practice.
- A massage stroke atlas with information on draping techniques, massage strokes, and fundamental characteristics of touch helps you efficiently treat clients.
- Detailed explanations and full color drawings for bone and bony landmark palpation provide a comprehensive resource for bone palpation.
Foreword by Ruth Werner
Part I: How to Palpate
1. Introduction to Palpation
2. The Art and Science of Muscle Palpation
3. Draping and Basic Massage Strokes
4. Body Mechanics for the Manual Therapist
5. Anatomy, Physiology, and Treatment of Trigger Points (TrP)
Part II: Bone Palpation and Ligaments
7. Upper Extremity Bone Palpation and Ligaments
8. Axial Body Bone Palpation and Ligaments
9. Lower Extremity Bone Palpation and Ligaments
Part III: Muscle Palpation
10. Tour #1: Palpation of the Muscles of the Shoulder Girdle
11. Tour #2: Palpation of the Neck Muscles
12. Tour #3: Palpation of the Muscles of the Head
13. Tour #4: Palpation of the Muscles of the Arm
14. Tour #5: Palpation of the Muscles of the Forearm
15. Tour #6: Palpation of the Intrinsic Muscles of the Hand
16. Tour #7: Palpation of the Trunk Muscles
17. Tour #8: Palpation of the Pelvic Muscles
18. Tour #9: Palpation of the Thigh Muscles
19. Tour #10: Palpation of the Leg Muscles
20. Tour #11: Palpation of the Intrinsic Muscles of the Foot
Joseph E. Muscolino, DC, Instructor, Purchase College, State University of New York, Purchase, NY; Owner, The Art and Science of Kinesiology, Redding, CT