Mosby's Comprehensive Review for Veterinary Technicians - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
- Comprehensive coverage of veterinary technology spans basic and clinical sciences, applications, patient management, nursing, nutrition, anesthesia and pharmacology, as well as personal, practice and professional management skills - everything you need for both the U.S. and Canadian certification exams.
- Care of large animals, birds, reptiles and laboratory animals, in addition to cats and dogs, is included.
- Chapter outlines, learning outcomes and expanded glossaries help you comprehend and retain essential material.
- Summary tables are ideal for reference or review.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter, in addition to a 300-question comprehensive review exam, test and reinforce your knowledge of veterinary technology.
- Six appendixes ensure crucial resources are always at your fingertips.
- State-of-the-art Alternative Imaging Technology chapter discusses computed tomography and nuclear scintigraphy to complement ultrasound technology.
- Enhanced content highlights vet tech responsibilities in genetics, small animal nursing, veterinary dentistry, zoonoses, breeding/reproduction, neonatal care, and much more.
- Small animal nursing instruction now includes dermatology, auricular treatments and ophthalmology.
- Extended pharmacology coverage features pain management.
- Personal and practice management skills include expanded OSHA/WHMIS guidelines and ethics discussions.
Part 1. Basic and Clinical Sciences
1. Anatomy and Physiology
2. Urinalysis, and Hematology
5. Diagnostic Microbiology and Mycology
6. Clinical Chemistry
Part 2. Clinical Applications
9. Handling and Restraint
10. Sanitation, Sterilization, and Disinfection
12. Alternative Imaging Technology
Part 3. Patient Management and Nutrition
13. Genetics, Theriogenology and Neonatal Care
14. Companion Animal Behavior
15. Small Animal Nutrition
16. Large Animal Nutrition
17. Laboratory Animal and Pocket Pet Medicine
18. Exotic Animal Medicine
Part 4. Anesthesia and Pharmacology
21. Pharmaceutical Calculations
Part 5. Medical and Surgical Nursing
22. Surgical Techniques: Preparation and Instrument Care
23. Small Animal Nursing
24. Equine Nursing and Large Animal Surgery
25. Swine and Ruminant Nursing, Surgery, and Anesthesia
27. Emergency and First Aid
Part 6. Practice Management and Self-Management
29. Personal, Practice, and Professional Management Skills and Ethics
A. Abbreviations and Symbols
B. The Metric System and Equivalents
C. Medical Terminology
D. Species Names
E. Normal Values
F. Additional Veterinary Technician Resources
G. Comprehensive Test with Answer Key
H. Answer Key to Chapter Review Questions
Monica M. Tighe, RVT, BA, St. Clair College of Applied Arts and Technology, Windsor, Ontario, Canada and Marg Brown, RVT, BEd Ad Ed, Penn Foster College, Scranton, Pennsylvania, Active Member, Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians and Association of Veterinary Technician Educators