Occupational Therapy for Children - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
The sixth edition of Occupational Therapy for Children maintains its focus on children from infancy to adolescence and gives comprehensive coverage of both conditions and treatment techniques in all settings. Inside you’ll discover new author contributions, new research and theories, new techniques, and current trends to keep you in step with the changes in pediatric OT practice. This edition provides an even stronger focus on evidence-based practice with the addition of key research notes and explanations of the evidentiary basis for specific interventions.
- Unique Evolve Resources website reinforces textbook content with video clips and learning activities for more comprehensive learning.
- Case studies help you apply concepts to actual situations you may encounter in practice.
- Evidence-based practice focus reflects the most recent trends and practices in occupational therapy.
- Unique! Chapter on working with adolescents helps you manage the special needs of this important age group.
- Unique! Research Notes boxes help you interpret evidence and strengthen your clinical decision-making skills.
- Video clips on a companion Evolve Resources website reinforce important concepts and rehabilitation techniques.
1. An Overview of Occupational Therapy for Children
2. Foundation for OT Practice with Children
3. Development of Childhood Occupations
4. In Transition to Adulthood: The Occupations and Performance Skills of Adolescence
5. Working with Families
6. Common Diagnosis in Pediatric Occupational Therapy Practice
7. Purposes, Processes, and Methods of Evaluation
8. Use of Standardized Tests in Pediatric Practice
9. Development of Postural Control
10. Development of Hand Skills
11. Sensory Integration
12. Visual Perception
13. Psychosocial and Emotional Domains
14. Behavioral Intervention and Behavioral Support
15. Feeding Interventions
16. Self-Care and Adaptations for Independent Living
17. Instrumental Activities of Daily living and Community independence
19. Prewriting and Handwriting Skills
20. Computers and Augmentative Communication
22. Neonatal Intensive Case Unit
23. Early Intervention
24. School-Based Occupational Therapy
25. Services for Children with Visual or Auditory Impairments
26. Hospital Services and Pediatric Rehabilitation
27. Transition Services: From School to Adult Life
Jane Case-Smith, EdD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Professor, Division of Occupational Therapy, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA and Jane Clifford O'Brien, PhD, MS, EdL, OTR/L, FAOTA, Professor, Occupational Therapy Department, Westbrook College of Health Professions, University of New England, Portland, Maine