A current, reliable drug reference is essential to every dental practice. Mosby’s Dental Drug Reference offers complete yet concise information on more than 800 of the most commonly used drugs, all listed alphabetically for quick reference. This edition features clinically significant drugs and interactions, including 33 new drugs approved by the FDA since publication of the last edition. User-friendly, durable, and pocket-sized, it offers detailed interaction guidelines and an extensive appendix that highlights combination products. The companion CD-ROM features full-color pathologic condition illustrations and a color pill atlas.
- More than 800 detailed monographs, with information on generic name, category and schedule, drug class, mechanics, uses, pharmacokinetics, indications and dosages, side effects and adverse reactions, precautions, contraindications, drug interactions of concern to dentistry, serious reactions, and dental considerations.
- List of dental considerations offers suggestions for medical consultations and recommendations for the patient/family in preventing dental complications.
- Updated CD-ROM features full-color illustrations of drug-related pathologic conditions, plus a color pill atlas of commonly prescribed drugs.
- Thoroughly reviewed by respected educators and pharmacologists in the field.
- EVOLVE web site features patient teaching guides, a glossary of terms, important information from the text, and new drug coverage updated as needed for the life of this edition.
- 33brand-new monographs based on dental considerations.
- Addition of clinically significant drugs and interactions – the most common and emerging drugs seen or prescribed in dental practice.
Therapeutic Management of Common Oral Lesions
Medically Compromised Patients
Individual Drug Monographs
C. Combination Products
D. Controlled Substances
E. Disorders and Conditions
F. Drugs Causing Dry Mouth
G. Drugs That Affect Taste
H. Complementary and Alternative Medications and Dietary Supplements
I. Pregnancy and Pediatrics
J. Preventing Medication Errors and Improving Medication Safety
K. Oral Contraceptives
Generic and Trade Name Index