Mosby's Physical Examination Handbook - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Be prepared in any clinical setting with this portable, full-color, illustrated guide. Key information includes differential diagnosis tips, pediatric variations, sample documentation, and other helpful assessment data for quick reference. Separate chapters cover age-specific exams for infants, children, and adolescents, the healthy female evaluation, and reporting and documenting findings.
- The two-column format featuring Exam Techniques, Expected Findings, and Unexpected Findings provides quick and reliable reference to key exam steps.
- Over 250 full-color figures depicting anatomy and physiology, exam procedures, and normal and abnormal findings offer a visual guide to performing exams.
- Documentation examples promote concise yet thorough patient charting for each system exam.
- Aids to Differential Diagnosis Tables summarize distinguishing characteristics of abnormalities, making it easier to identify patients’ symptoms.
- Lists of the equipment required in preparation for each system exam facilitate efficiency in the practice setting.
- Color-coded tables highlight pediatric variations and provide quick-reference coverage of developmental considerations specific to pediatric patients.
- Updates throughout reflect the latest research and evidence-based practice findings on all aspects of the physical exam.
- New content on electronic charting reflects the shift to electronic medical records in clinical practice and offers a current resource on what and how to chart.
- An updated drug table provides a list of physical findings potentially related to common classes of drugs.
Chapter 1: The History
Chapter 2: Mental Status
Chapter 3: Nutrition and Growth and Measurement
Chapter 4: Skin, Hair, and Nails
Chapter 5: Lymphatic System
Chapter 6: Head and Neck
Chapter 7: Eyes
Chapter 8: Ears, Nose, and Throat
Chapter 9: Chest and Lungs
Chapter 10: Heart
Chapter 11: Blood Vessels
Chapter 12: Breasts and Axillae
Chapter 13: Abdomen
Chapter 14: Female Genitalia
Chapter 15: Male Genitalia
Chapter 16: Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
Chapter 17: Musculoskeletal System
Chapter 18: Neurologic System
Chapter 19: Head-to-Toe Examination: Adult
Chapter 20: The Healthy Female Evaluation
Chapter 21: Age-Specific Examination: Infants, Children, and Adolescents
Chapter 22: Reporting and Recording
Jane W. Ball, RN DrPH CPNP, Chief Nursing and Content O cer,Triaj, Inc, Havre de Grace, Maryland, Joyce E. Dains, DrPH JD APRN FNP BC FNAP FAANP FAAN, Professor and Executive Director, Advanced Practice;The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center,Houston, Texas, John A. Flynn, MD, MBA, MEd, Professor of Medicine;The University of Chicago,Chicago, Illinois, Barry S Solomon, MD, MPH, Professor of Pediatrics,Chief, Division of General Pediatrics;Assistant Dean for Medical Student A airs,The Johns Hopkins University,School of Medicine,Baltimore, Maryland, Rosalyn W Stewart, MD, MS, MBA, Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics;The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine,Baltimore, Maryland and Henry M. Seidel, MD, Professor Emeritus of Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD