Digital Radiography and PACS Revised Reprint - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
- Discusses the similarities and differences between conventional and digital systems.
- Introduces basic computer components and networking concepts for a solid foundation in the principles of computing.
- Provides balanced coverage of computed radiography (CR), digital radiography (DR), and PACS systems.
- Includes step-by-step guidance for acquiring, processing, and producing radiographic images using CR/DR technologies.
- Explores the CR/DR quality workstation, as well as advanced image processing and manipulation functions available on many of the latest CR/DR workstations.
- Offers complete coverage of PACS workstations, archiving solutions, and system architectures, including information on film digitization, printing images, and preparing image files.
- Provides comprehensive quality control and management guidelines for PACS, CR, and DR.
- Chapter objectives, chapter summaries, key terms, and review questions reinforce key concepts and help you retain and recall important information.
Part I Introduction
Ch 1 Comparison of conventional and digital systems
Part II Basic Principles
Ch 2 Basic Computer Concepts
Ch 3 Networking Basics
Part III Digital Radiographic Image Acquisition and Processing
Ch 4 Cassette-based Equipment
Ch 5 Cassette-based Image Acquisition
Ch 6 Cassetteless Equipment and Image Acquisition
Ch 7 Digital Radiographic Image Processing and Manupulation
Part IV PACS
Ch 8 PACS Workstations
Ch 9 Image Archiving Solutions
Ch 10 Digitizing, Printing and Burning
Part V Quality Control and Quality Management
Ch 11 Ensuring Quality in PACS
Ch 12 Total Quality Management
Christi Carter, MSRS, RT(R), Faculty Director, Radiologic Science, Brookhaven College, Texas and Beth Veale, BSRS, MEd, RT(R)(QM), Associate Professor, Radiologic Sciences, Midwestern State University, Texas