This product is available without an access card. Click the button below to get instant access now.
Keeping you current with the latest in dialysis treatment and equipment, Review of Hemodialysis for Nurses and Dialysis Personnel, 8th Edition provides a practical introduction to dialysis and an excellent review for the certification exam. It assumes no prior knowledge of patient care, nursing procedures, or dialysis principles, using a question-and-answer format to discuss the basic principles, basic diseases, and basic problems found in the treatment of kidney patients by dialysis. Dialysis expert Judy Kallenbach writes in a clear, easy-to-read style, explaining topics such as the chemistry of body fluid and electrolytes, renal failure, nutrition, infection control, and the important psychosocial aspects of dialysis treatment.
1. The Dialysis Team
2. History of Dialysis NEW!
3. Clinical Manifestations of Renal Failure
4. Renal Physiology and the Pathophysiology of Renal Failure
5. Basic Chemistry of Body Fluids and Electrolytes
6. Principles of Hemodialysis
7. Water Treatment
8. Dialyzers, Dialysate, and Delivery Systems
9. Dialyzer Preparation and Reprocessing
10. Psychosocial Aspects of Dialysis Therapy
11. Nutritional Management
12. Diabetes and Hemodialysis
13. Laboratory Data -- Analysis and Interpretation
14. Medications and Dialysis
15. Anticoagulation and Heparin Administration
16. Access to the Bloodstream
17. Infection Control and Universal Precautions
18. The Hemodialysis Treatment
19. Acute Renal Failure and Home Dialysis Therapies
21. Peritoneal Dialysis and Other Dialysis Therapies
22. Pediatric Hemodialysis
23. Chronic Kidney Disease in the Elderly
24. Management of Quality in Dialysis Care
25. Math Calculations NEW!
26. Test Taking Guidelines NEW!
References and Recommended Readings
Nephrology Organizations and Resources
A. SI Units Conversion Factors for Clinical Chemistry Values Used in Hemodialysis
B. Conversion Table: Pounds to Kilograms of Body Weight
C. Sodium and Potassium Content of Selected Foods