Pocket Reference for the 12-Lead ECG in Acute Coronary Syndromes - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
This handy reference puts essential information at your fingertips! Pocket Reference for the 12-Lead ECG in Acute Coronary Syndromes, 3rd Edition helps you recognize ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) by introducing the 5-step approach to 12-lead analysis, making it faster and easier to learn 12-lead interpretation. Clear and concise, this book provides a simple, step-by-step approach along with tables, illustrations, and practice 12-lead ECGs to help you determine the likelihood of the presence of STEMI versus imposters or other causes of ST elevation. Written by two well-known educators, Tim Phalen, a paramedic, and Barbara J. Aehlert, a nurse, this pocket reference is available separately or as a package with its corresponding textbook, The 12-Lead ECG in Acute Coronary Syndromes Text, 3rd Edition.
- A clear, succinct, pocket-sized approach makes it easy to identify possible ST segment elevation myocardial infarction, determine the likelihood of the top STEMI imposters, and confidently categorize the ECG.
- Streamlined explanation of STEMI recognition includes an emphasis on STEMI imposters (non-infarct causes of ST elevation).
- Full-color illustrations clearly depict concepts and skills.
- Updated approach to ECG interpretation helps you determine STEMI versus other causes of ST elevation.
- NEW 5-step approach simplifies how to determine non-infarct causes of ST elevation, whether STEMI or STEMI imposter(s).
- NEW content in Suspecting STEMI chapter includes identifying the J-Point, determining ST elevation, Lead "Views," suspecting STEMI, and additional STEMI ECG changes.
- NEW content in STEMI Imposters chapter includes the top 5 STEMI imposters, ruling out the top STEMI imposters, and a 5-step analysis.
- NEW content in STEMI Imposters chapter includes the coronary artery anatomy, right ventricular infarction, posterior infarction, and obtaining additional leads.
- NEW Practice ECGs chapter is devoted to practicing the 5-step approach.
- NEW Practice ECGs chapter and 23 new 12-lead practice ECGs help you develop skills in 12-lead ECG recognition.
- NEW Key Point! boxes call attention to essential information.
1. Suspecting STEMI
2. STEMI Imposters
Left Ventricular Hypertrophy
Bundle Branch Block and Ventricular Rhythms
Benign Early Repolarization and Pericarditis
3. Additional Lead ECGs
Right Ventricular Infarction
4. Practice ECGs
Tim Phalen and Barbara J Aehlert, MSEd, BSPA, RN, Southwest EMS Education, Inc, 11127 SW County Road 4180, Purdon, Texas 76679