RAPID ACLS (Revised Reprint) - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card),2nd Edition
Designed to offer essential information on-the-spot, where it's needed most! RAPID ACLS, 2nd Edition, Revised Reprint is now updated to reflect the 2010 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines. It contains a broad range of topics pertaining to advanced cardiac life support including information on airway management, pharmacology, vascular access, ECGs, electrical therapy, acute coronary syndromes, and special resuscitation situations. Loaded with tables, mnemonics, and algorithms throughout, RAPID ACLS, 2nd Edition, Revised Reprint is ideal for use in clinical practice or during an ACLS course.
- Full-color illustrations show clear, vivid presentations of essential concepts and common cardiac rhythms for clear and easy interpretation.
- Concise, accessible bullet points and numbered lists make key information easy to find, read, and understand.
- Over 70 tables throughout the text including dysrhythmias and cardiac medications provide the basics of dysrhythmias and medications at a glance.
- Commonly used but rarely memorized information broken down into tables, algorithms, and acronyms help in locating essential information.
- Reflects the 2010 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines.
- ABCDs of Emergency Cardiac Care
- Airway Management & Ventilation
- Rhythm Recognition
- Electrical Therapy
- Vascular Access & Medications
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Stroke & Special Resuscitation Situations
- Putting It All Together (Algorithms)
Barbara J Aehlert, RN, BSPA, Southwest EMS Education Inc., Phoenix, AZ and Pursley, TX, USA