Flip and See ECG - Revised Reprint - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
List Price: $46.95
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
When it comes to learning 3-lead ECG interpretation, there’s simply no faster or easier way to master basic rhythms than this unique book - now updated to reflect the 2010 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines! Using a fun and easy-to-understand writing style, it uses humor, cartoons, and personal stories to walk you through the entire ECG process – from finding a heartbeat, to monitoring an electrocardiogram, to interpreting the heart rhythm. A unique “Flip and See section allows you to view normal ECGs on one side of the page and abnormal ECGs on the other, along with concise text that clearly explains the differences between them. In addition, you’ll find commonly asked questions and answers throughout the text.
- Thumb tabs and lay-flat spiral binding make it easy to use anywhere, and the small size fits easily into a lab coat pocket.
- Unique Flip and See section at the end of the book allows you to see each rhythm side-by-side with a normal ECG rhythm, and a written walkthrough explains the important differences between the rhythms.
- Conversational language and clear illustrations and cartoons make the information easily accessible and understandable – as well as easy to remember and fun to learn.
- Includes Cohn’s Pocket Guide for ECG Interpretation, a plastic heart rate ruler that’s useful for both students and practitioners as an aid in rhythm interpretation.
- Updated to reflect the 2010 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines.
- Companion CD features 66 practice rhythm strips in PowerPoint format, plus coverage of pediatric and neonatal patients.
- Includes new treatment algorithms on the reverse side of Flip and See rhythm cards.
- New, easy-to-follow organization with raised tabs, so you can find information quickly.
- Expanded coverage of key topics such as normal rhythms and torsades de pointes.
Symbols Used in This Book
How to Approach ECGs
Tab 1: How the Heart Works
Tab 2: The ECG
Lead Placement and Vectors
Reading ECGs: P-waves, QRS Complexes and T Waves - P Wave - P-R Interval - QRS Complex - ST Segment
Tab 3: Introduction to the Rhythms
Introduction to the Rhythms
Normal Sinus Rhythm
Torsades de Pointes
Heart Blocks - First Degree AV Heart Block
Second Degree AV Heart Block, also known as Mobitz Type I (Wenckebach)
Second Degree AV Heart Block, Also Known as Mobitz Type II
Complete Heart Block (Third Degree)
Tab 4: How to Interpret ECGs
Measuring ECG Waveforms
The Isoelectric Line
Ectopic Activity - Premature Atrial Contraction
Premature Junctional Contraction - Pemature Ventricular Contraction Summary
Clues to Identifying Rhythms
Tab 5: How to Use the Flip and See Portion of This Book
Flip and See Guided Tutorial
2. sinus arrhythmia
3. sinus bradycardia
4. sinus tachycardia
5. premature atrial contractions
6. premature ventricular contraction
7. atrial flutter
8. atrial fibrillation
9. supraventricular tachycardia
10. ventricular tachycardia
11. Torsades de Pointes
12. ventricular fibrillation
13. junctional or nodal rhythm
15. first degree heart block
16. second degree heart block, Mobitz type- I, or Wenckebach
17. second degree heart block, Mobitz type II
18. complete heart block
19. artificial pacemaker with capture - Heart Blocks - Look-alike Rhythms - Nonrhythms - Pulseless Electrical Activity
Summary and a Few Golden Rules
Tab 6: Rhythms
Normal Sinus Rhythm
Premature Atrial Contractions
Junctional (Nodal) Rhythm - Premature Ventricular Contractions
Torsades de Pointes
First Degree AV Heart Block
Second Degree Heart Block Mobitz Type I (Wenckebach)
Second Degree Heart Block Mobitz Type II
Third Degree AV Heart Block: Complete Heart Block
Pacemaker With 1:1 Capture
Loose Lead/Cable Movement
Junctional Rhythm With Rate of 40 Beats per Minute
Normal Sinus Rhythm With Rate of 100 Beats per Minute
Tab 7: Glossary
Elizabeth Gross Cohn, RN, MS, NP, ACNP, DNSc, CEN, EMT-CC, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY