Mosby's Respiratory Care Equipment Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 9th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
A comprehensive overview of the equipment and techniques used by respiratory therapists to treat cardiopulmonary dysfunction, Mosby’s Respiratory Care Equipment, 9th edition provides a "how-to" approach that moves beyond technical descriptions of machinery. Learn to identify equipment, understand how it works, and apply your knowledge to clinical practice. The 9th edition includes streamlined information on the latest ventilators, a new chapter on simulation learning devices, and additional, easy-to-access content on the Evolve site.
- Unique! List of Ventilators organized by application area and manufacturer make review and research quick and easy.
- Unique! Clinical Approach provides you with a "how-to" approach to identifying equipment, understanding how it works, and applying the information in clinical practice.
- Excerpts of Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs) give you important information regarding indications/contraindications, hazards and complications, assessment of need, assessment of outcome, and monitoring.
- Unique! Sleep Diagnostics chapter discusses sleep and the impact of sleep disorders on cardiopulmonary function.
- Unique! Infection Control chapter provides a review of this critical topic that RTs must understand to prevent health care-associated infections
- Unique! Cardiovascular Diagnostics chapter provides a review in an area where RTs are treating an increasing number of cardiovascular cases.
- NBRC-style Self-Assessment Questions at the end of every chapter prepares you for credentialing exams.
- Unique! Clinical Scenario boxes (formerly Clinical Rounds) allow you to apply material learned to a clinical setting.
- Unique! Historical Notes boxes present educational and/or clinically relevant and valuable historical information of respiratory care equipment.
- NEW! Chapter on Simulation Learning Devices prepares you for the latest simulation devices.
- NEW! Streamlined ventilator coverage presents information on the most often-used devices with more tables and bulleted lists for easy reference.
- NEW! Content focused on the newest and the most popular types of ventilators, including, transport, home-care, alternative setting, and neonatal/pediatric.
- NEW! Evolve site allows access to information that isn’t easily found in other texts or manuals, including older or outdated ventilators that are still in use today.
- NEW! Focus to align Learning Objectives, Key Points and Assessment Questions
Module 1: INTRODUCTION to BASIC RESPIRATORY SCIENCE
- Basic Physics for the Respiratory Therapist
- Principles of Infection Control
- Manufacture, Storage, and Transport of Medical Gases
- Administering Medical Gases: Regulators, Flowmeters, and Controlling Devices
- Airway Management Devices and ACLS
- Humidity and Aerosol Therapy
- Lung Expansion Therapy Devices
- Assessment of Pulmonary Function
- Assessment of Cardiovascular Function
- Blood Gas Monitoring
- Sleep Diagnostics
- Introduction to Ventilators
- Mechanical Ventilators: General-Use Devices
- Infant/Pediatric Ventilators
- Home-Care, Transport Devices, Alternative Devices
- Simulation Equipment
Module 2: MEDICAL GASES
Module 3: AIRWAY MANAGEMENT
Module 4: ASSESSMENT
Module 5: CRITICAL CARE AND EXTENDED CARE DEVICES
J. M. Cairo, PhD, RRT, FAARC, Dean of the School of Allied Health Professions, Professor of Cardiopulmonary Science, Physiology, and Anesthesiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana