Contemporary Orthodontics - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
- Updated material on psychosocial problems in orthodontic treatment, oral function, and the relationship between injury and dental disease.
- Case studies throughout the text highlight the demand for orthodontic treatment, the etiology of orthodontic problems, and treatment planning for cleft lip and palate patients.
- NEW! Review of the contemporary applications of 3D imaging in both diagnosis and evaluation of treatment.
- NEW! Updated information on Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADs) and miniplates.
- NEW! The latest advances in the biology of orthodontic treatment, including new ways to accelerate orthodontic tooth movement and the continuing evolution of improved fixed appliances.
- NEW! Over 200 new figures to illustrate new concepts and procedures.
SECTION I: THE ORTHODONTIC PROBLEM
1. Malocclusion and Dentofacial Deformity in Contemporary Society
SECTION II: THE DEVELOPMENT OF ORTHODONTIC PROBLEMS
2. Concepts of Growth and Development
3. Early Stages of Development
4. Later Stages of Development
5. The Etiology of Orthodontic Problems
SECTION III: DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT PLANNING
6. Orthodontic Diagnosis: The Problem-Oriented Approach
7. Orthodontic Treatment Planning: From Problem List to Specific Plan
SECTION IV: BIOMECHANICS, MECHANICS AND CONTEMPORARY ORTHODONTIC APPLIANCES
8. The Biologic Basis of Orthodontic Therapy
9. Mechanical Principles in Orthodontic Force Control
10. Contemporary Orthodontic Appliances
SECTION V: TREATMENT IN PREADOLESCENT CHILDREN: WHAT IS DIFFERENT?
11. Moderate Nonskeletal Problems in Preadolescent Children: Preventive and Interceptive Treatment in Family Practice
12. Complex Nonskeletal Problems in Preadolescent Children: Preventive and Interceptive Treatment
13. Treatment of Skeletal Problems in Children and Preadolescents
14. Comprehensive Orthodontic Treatment in the Early Permanent Dentition
15. The Second Stage of Comprehensive Treatment: Correction of Molar Relationship and Space Closure
16. The Third Stage of Comprehensive Treatment: Finishing
18. Treatment for Adults
19. Combined Surgical and Orthodontic Treatment
William R. Proffit, DDS, PhD, Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC and Henry Fields, DDS, MS, MSD, Professor, OSU College of Dentistry; Chief, Orthodontics, Nationwide Children’s Hospital Department of Dentistry, Columbus, Ohio