Ten Cate's Oral Histology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource,8th Edition
Understand oral histology and learn to apply your knowledge in the clinical setting with this definitive reference. Now in full color and thoroughly updated, Ten Cate's 8th Edition provides insight on contemporary research and trends in oral histology, embryology, physiology, oral biology, postnatal growth and development that is essential to your success in oral health!
- NEW! Full color format showcases vivid photomicrographs and line drawings to enhance your understanding of key oral histology learning.
- NEW! Student resources on Evolve website include labeling exercises, a multiple-choice exam with instant feedback, figures from the book, and interactive drag and drop exercises.
- NEW! Chapter on facial growth and development broadens your oral histology knowledge base.
- NEW! Four heavily revised chapters keep you up to date on timely issues in oral histology.
1. Structure of the Oral Tissues
2. General Embryology
3. Embryology of the Head, Face, and Oral Cavity
4. Cytoskeleton, Cell Junctions, Fibroblasts, and Extracellular Matrixes
5. Development of the Tooth and Its Supporting Tissues
7. Enamel: Composition, Formation, and Structure
8. Dentin-Pulp Complex
10. Physiologic Tooth Movement: Eruption and Shedding
11. Salivary Glands
12. Oral Mucosa
13. Temporomandibular Joint
14. Facial growth and development
15. Repair and Regeneration of Oral Tissues
Antonio Nanci, PhD, Professor, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada