Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Radiography - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 6th Edition
A complete review for the Registry exam, Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Radiography: The Complete Study Guide and Career Planner, 6th Edition covers the five major subject areas of the ARRT exam in radiography. It is also an effective study guide for many radiography courses! Written in outline format, each review of a subject is followed by questions related specifically to that area. Two mock ARRT exams are included in the book, and online exams include a pool of over 1,400 review questions that may be randomly combined to generate a virtually limitless number of mock ARRT exams. From noted radiography educator William J. Callaway, this edition also provides advice on writing resumes and cover letters, interviewing, employer expectations, and continuing education requirements to help you make the transition to a successful career.
- Content review in outline format includes the five major subject areas covered on the ARRT exam, helping you concentrate on the most important information.
- Thorough coverage of digital and computed radiography reflects the increased emphasis of these topics on the Registry exam.
- Review questions with answers let you practice AART exam-style questions, helping you assess your preparedness and identify areas that need additional study.
- Rationales for correct and incorrect answers are included in the appendix.
- Mock exams in the book and on CD let you test your knowledge and practice with the Registry exam format.
- CD allows practice in tutorial mode — with feedback after you answer each question — or in exam mode, with feedback only after you complete the entire test.
- Study tools on CD include:.
- Electronic flashcards with formulas, key terms, and important topics
- Bookmarking of questions for later study
- Rationales for correct and incorrect answers
- Test tips for difficult questions
- Test scores are saved and dated
- Career preparation advice covers continuing education requirements, career advancement, and basic financial planning — such as negotiating salary and benefits.
- Expanded coverage of digital imaging and ethical standards reflects the increased emphasis of these topics on the Registry exam.
- Situational Judgment Test questions provide practice with the new type of Registry question requiring you to select the best response in an ethics-related situation.
- 232 new questions have been added to the CD — for a total of 2,450 questions in the book and CD — to ensure that you have plenty of practice opportunities.
Part I Review and Study Guide
1. Preparation for Review and Testing
2. Review of Radiation Protection
3. Review of Equipment Operation and Maintenance
4. Review of Image Production and Evaluation
5. Review of Radiographic Procedures: Anatomy, Positioning, Procedures, and Pathology
6. Review of Patient Care and Management
7. Review Activities and Challenge Tests
Part II Career Planning
8. Career Paths
9. Writing a Professional Resume
10. Interviewing Techniques
11. Employer Expectations
Answers to Review Questions
William J. Callaway, MA, RT(R), Associate Dean, Department of Health Professions, Director, Associate Degree Radiography Program, Academic Services Division, Lincoln Land Community College, Springfield, IL, USA