An ideal resource for the classroom or the clinical setting, Sectional Anatomy for Imaging Professionals, 3rd Edition provides a comprehensive, easy-to-understand approach to the sectional anatomy of the entire body. Side-by-side presentations of actual diagnostic images from both MRI and CT modalities and corresponding anatomic line drawings illustrate the planes of anatomy most commonly demonstrated by diagnostic imaging. Concise descriptions detail the location and function of the anatomy, and clearly labeled images help you confidently identify anatomic structures during clinical examinations and produce the best possible diagnostic images.
- Side-by-side presentations of images and line drawings on the same page spread allow the reader to see correlations between line drawings of physical anatomy and actual, diagnostic-quality CT and MR images.
- Over 1,300 images and detailed line drawings demonstrate sectional anatomy for every plane of the body that is commonly imaged.
- Pathology boxes briefly describe common pathologies related to the anatomy being discussed to form connections between the scans in the text and common pathologies readers are likely to encounter in practice.
- Summary tables organize anatomic information for each major muscle group, listing the muscles, points of origin and insertion, and functions.
- Anatomic maps - line drawings that show the angle and level of each scan - appear with the actual scans, so readers can easily access the proper orientation for scanning and identifying anatomy.
- 290 new scans, including more 3D and vascular images, demonstrate current technology.
- A new introductory chapter provides a foundation by teaching the terminology related to sectional anatomy and preparing the reader for more complex content that follows.
1. Introduction to Sectional Anatomy NEW!
2. Cranium and Facial Bones
9. Upper Extremity Joints (Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist)
10. Lower Extremity Joints (Hip, Knee, Ankle)