Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 5th Edition
Promoting safe and effective nursing care, Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC), 5th Edition standardizes the terminology and criteria needed to measure and evaluate outcomes that result from nursing interventions. Nearly 500 research-based nursing outcome labels — including 107 that are NEW to this edition — help to standardize expected patient outcomes. Specific indicators make it easier to evaluate and rate the patient in relation to outcome achievement. Written by an expert author team led by Sue Moorhead, this book is ideal for practicing nurses, students, educators, researchers, and administrators seeking to improve cost containment and patient outcomes.
- Supplies 385 research-based nursing outcome labels to provide standardization of expected patient outcomes.
- Provides links between NOC outcomes and NANDA nursing diagnoses to promote clinical decision-making.
- Presents a definition, a list of indicators, a publication facts line, and references for each outcome.
- Includes 58 brand-new outcome labels that address important issues such as burn healing and burn recovery, cancer management, preterm infant care, and drug abuse cessation behavior.
- Provides 67 revised outcome labels that supply the most up-to-date information on a wide variety of outcomes, including caregiver stressors, asthma self-management, substance use control, and pain level.
PART ONE - Nursing Outcomes Classification: Background, Testing, and Use in Clinical and Educational Settings
1. Outcome Development and Significance
2. The Current Classification
3. Testing the NOC Outcomes with Clinical Data
4. Using NOC in Clinical Settings
5. Using NOC in Education and Research
PART TWO - NOC Taxonomy
PART THREE – Outcomes
PART FOUR - Health Patterns–NOC Linkages, NANDA International–NOC Linkages
PART FIVE - Core Outcomes for Nursing Specialty Areas
PART SIX - Appendixes
A. Outcomes: New, Revised, and Retired Since the Third Edition
B. NOC Outcomes Placed in the Taxonomy of Nursing Practice
C. Selected Criterion Tools with Psychometrics for Evaluating NOC Outcomes Used in Test Sites
D. Summary Data for NOC Outcomes Tested in 10 Sites
E. Implementation Examples in Practice Settings
F. Application Examples in Educational Settings
G. Guidelines for Submission of a New or Revised Outcome
H. Selected Publications
Sue Moorhead, PhD, RN, Associate Professor, Director of Center for Nursing Classification and Clinical Effectiveness, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, Marion Johnson, PhD, RN, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, Meridean L. Maas, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA and Elizabeth Swanson, PhD, RN, Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA