Occupational Analysis and Group Process - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
Get the best instruction on occupational analysis, group process, and therapeutic media – all from one book! Using a matter-of-fact style to share their experiences, successes, and failures, expert authors Jane Clifford O’Brien and Jean W. Solomon provide you with effective therapeutic media; sample activity analyses useful in current health care contexts; practical guidance in play, leisure, and social participation areas of occupation; strategies for effective group management and processes; and overviews of theories supporting best practice.
- Comprehensive content covers the material taught in group process and occupational analysis courses thoroughly and completely for the OTA.
- Logically organized content that’s written in a matter-of-fact style helps you better understand and retain information.
- Clinical pearls emphasize the practical application of the information.
- Therapeutic Media are tried-and-true methods pulled from the author’s extensive experience.
- Occupational and Group Analysis using the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework (OTPF), 2nd edition (2008)
- Activity Analysis
- Interpersonal Relationships and Communication
- Therapeutic Use of Self
- Teaching and Learning
- Group Process and Management: Attaining Group Goals
- Group Process and Management: Attaining Individual Goals
- Occupational and Group Analysis: Pediatrics
- Occupational and Group Analysis: Adolescents
- Occupational and Group Analysis: Adults
- Occupational and Group Analysis: Elderly
- Application of Occupational and Group Analysis in Traditional and Emerging Practice Settings
- Ethical Considerations
- Managing Difficult Groups
Jane Clifford O'Brien, PhD, OTR/L, Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy Department, Westbrook College of Health Professions, University of New England, Portland, ME and Jean W. Solomon, MHS, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist, Berkeley County School District, Moncks Corner, SC