Focusing on the dental materials most commonly used, Dental Materials: Properties and Manipulation, 10th Edition covers the tasks that dental assistants and dental hygienists typically perform. It shows the most current materials, how to mix and apply them in a clinical setting, and how to educate patients about them. Now in full color, this edition adds more photographs of materials actually being mixed, used, and applied, and includes detailed coverage of ceramics, metals, and implant and impression materials. Written by well-known experts on restorative dentistry and materials, John Powers and John Wataha, Dental Materials is a trusted text that keeps you on top of the rapidly developing field of dental materials.
- A total of over 250 detailed illustrations are included in this edition.
- Learning Objectives list the knowledge you should gain in each chapter.
- Margin notes help you understand and remember key points and important terminology.
- Tables make it easy to compare different brands and to compare components and properties within materials.
- Quick Review boxes help you remember essential material and prepare for self-tests.
- Self-tests in each chapter help you evaluate your understanding of the material.
- Conversion Factors on the inside back cover offer a convenient list of commonly used metric measurements.
- The glossary lists all important terms in one accessible section.
- Supplementary Readings in each chapter list resources to promote further study.
- Instructional videos on the Evolve website provide a clear, step-by-step guide to taking and pouring impressions, and trimming models.
- More than 60 new illustrations have been added, and are clearer than ever.
- Content updates keep you current with the latest changes in dental materials.
1. Introduction to Restorative Dental Materials
2. Properties of Materials
3. Preventive Dental Materials
4. Direct Esthetic Restorative Materials
5. Dental Amalgam
6. Finishing, Polishing, and Cleansing Materials
8. Impression Materials
9. Model and Die Materials
11. Casting Alloys, Wrought Alloys, and Solders
12. Casting of Dental Metals
13. Polymers in Prosthodontics
14. Dental Ceramics
15. Dental Implants