Nutrition Concepts Online for Williams' Basic Nutrition and Diet Therapy (Access Code), 14th Edition
Deepen your understanding of the most important nutrition concepts with this application oriented online course. Used in conjunction with Nix: Williams' Basic Nutrition & Diet Therapy, 14th Edition, Nutrition Concepts Online integrates illustrations, animations, interactive exercises, and quizzes to reinforce your comprehension and provide an exciting, interactive learning experience.
- Learning objectives help you focus your study on the most important nutrition basics, lifespan, community related nutrition and nutrition therapy concepts.
- Reading assignments highlight textbook material and provide critical thinking questions to help you read and review more efficiently.
- Animations bring nutrition concepts to life with visual instructions and explanations of a process or system, such as digestion.
- Quizzes evaluate your understanding of all the major topics covered in a particular lesson.
- Web based research activities, nutrient and diet analysis exercises, growth chart and diet design practice provide engaging ways to learn core topics with immediate feedback to help you identify areas needing additional study.
- Access to the new online version of Nutritrac Nutrition Analysis, a nutrition and weight management program, with additional tools for learning including an expanded food database of over 5,000 foods in 18 different categories and a listing of more than 150 activities
- Versatile modular format allows for learning online, in classrooms or in blended learning environments.
- Web based research activities and exercises provide engaging ways to learn core topics with immediate feedback to help students identify areas needing additional study.
- Case studies accompany modules challenging students to work through a realistic situation relating to module content.
- Discussion boards for students and instructors keep learning on track
Nutrition in wellness and health promotion
Digestion, Absorption, and Metabolism
Fluids and Electrolytes
Energy balance and body composition
Nutrition in Physical fitness and exercise
Nutrition in Pregnancy and Lactation
Nutrition in Infancy, Childhood, and Adolescence
Nutrition in Adulthood
Food borne illness
Nutrition in various cultural and religious settings
Nutrition in Patient Care: Enteral and parenteral feedings
Disorders of the accessory organs
Nutrition care in cancer and AIDS
Staci Nix, MS, RD, CD, Assistant Professor, Division of Nutrition, College of Health, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT