Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 9th Edition
So much more than just a bestselling dictionary, Mosby’s Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions, 9th Edition is a one-stop reference to help you make sense of the complex world of health care. It features over 56,000 authoritative definitions, 45 appendixes, a color atlas of the human body, online resources, and more than 2,450 full-color illustrations — nearly three times more than any other dictionary available — making it an indispensable reference for students and professionals alike.
- UNIQUE! More than 2,450 color photographs and line drawings demonstrate and explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
- A Color Atlas of Human Anatomy contains 43 pages of clearly labeled drawings for easy A&P review and reference.
- Over 56,000 comprehensive, authoritative, high-quality definitions — including expanded definitions for selected entries, particularly major diseases, disorders, and procedures — offer the latest information on pathophysiology, treatment and interventions, and nursing care.
- 23 appendixes — 13 in the dictionary and 10 on the companion Evolve website — offer quick access to useful reference information, such as lab values, symbols and abbreviations, language translation guides, pharmacology, infection control standards, conversion tables, and clinical calculations.
- A strict, common-sense alphabetical organization with no subentries makes it easy to find key terms and definitions.
Over 56,000 comprehensive, authoritative, high-quality definitions -- including definitions for major diseases, disorders, drugs, and procedures -- offer the most accurate, complete information available in all areas of nursing, medicine, and health-related professions.
Approximately 2,400 color photographs and line drawings -- nearly three times more than any other health care dictionary -- illustrate all subject areas to help you understand concepts.
The practical, straightforward alphabetical organization with no subentries and easy-to-use features such as thumb tabs, entry words in color, and large, easy-to-read print make it easy to find and understand information.
Expanded definitions for selected entries, particularly major diseases, disorders, and procedures, offer detailed information in one spot to help you understand more difficult concepts.
Hundreds of lab test and surgical procedure definitions explain the purpose, procedures, patient care, and expected outcomes.
Includes British spellings for selected entries to help you recognize alternate spellings.
A Color Atlas of Human Anatomy contains 43 pages of clearly labeled drawings for easy A&P review and reference.
13 appendixes offer useful information you’ll turn to again and again -- with a quick-reference list of all appendixes in the front of the book.
A companion EVOLVE website deepens understanding with:
- Over 28,000 audio pronunciations
- Interactive labelling activities and a printable version of the Color Atlas of Human Anatomy
- Color and tabular atlas of human anatomy
- Assessment guides
- Image collection
- Spanish terms
- 10 additional appendixes
In addition to over 56,000 definitions you’ll find 13 appendixes with practical, reliable information on:
- Units of Measurement
- Language Translation Guide: Spanish-French-English Equivalents of Commonly Used Medical Terms and Phrases
- American Sign Language and Manual Communication
- Normal Reference Values
- Pharmacology and Clinical Calculations
- Range of Motion
- Infection Control: CDC Isolation Guidelines
- Diagnosis-Related Groups
10. Common Abbreviations Used in Writing Prescriptions
11. Commonly Used Abbreviations
12. The Joint Commission Do Not Use Abbreviation List
13. Spanish-French Equivalents of Commonly Used Medical Terms and Phrases