This product is available without an access card. Click the button below to get instant access now.
Evaluate intrapartum and antepartum fetal status with this portable, practical guide! Mosby's Pocket Guide to Fetal Monitoring, 7th Edition provides a multidisciplinary, evidence-based approach model that's ideal for use in the clinical environment. It offers a single definitive source on fetal heart rate monitoring, with the description, characteristics, etiology, clinical significance, and intervention for every tracing. Written by an expert team including nurse-midwife and attorney Lisa Miller, perinatologist David Miller, and RN Susan Martin Tucker, this reference may be used in any location where electronic monitoring is employed for fetal surveillance, such as the labor and delivery suite, the antepartum inpatient unit or ambulatory care setting, and emergency departments and intensive care units caring for pregnant women.
1. A Brief History of Fetal Monitoring
2. Physiologic Basis for Electronic Fetal Heart Rate Monitoring
3. Methods and Instrumentation
4. Uterine Activity Evaluation and Management
5. Pattern Recognition and Interpretation
6. Intrapartum Management of the Fetal Heart Rate Tracing
7. Influence of Gestational Age on Fetal Heart Rate
8. Fetal Assessment in Non-Obstetric Settings
9. Antepartum Fetal Assessment
10. Patient Safety, Risk Management, and Documentation
11. Obstetric Models and Intrapartum Fetal Monitoring in Europe NEW!
Appendix A: Amnioinfusion
Appendix B: Selected FHR Tracings and Cases: Interpretation and Documentation NEW!