Adams' Coding and Reimbursement - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
Combining the basics of coding, insurance, and reimbursement in one concise text, Adams' Coding and Reimbursement: A Simplified Approach, 4th Edition looks at the big picture of medical billing and coding and shows how it fits into the physician reimbursement system. Clearly organized, full-color chapters guide you through the entire coding and claims process, detailing coding rules and applications, insurance guidelines, and the reimbursement system. Realistic, hands-on practice helps you apply what you've learned. Written by medical insurance, billing, and coding expert Wanda Adams, this edition includes the latest ICD-9-CM and CPT codes, a new chapter on HCPCS coding, and a new chapter preparing you for the 2013 transition to ICD-10-CM.
- Highlighted examples illustrate concepts in realistic medical office settings to enhance your understanding.
- Coding exercises teach you how to correctly code using the ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 manuals.
- Test Your Knowledge questions within each chapter help you assess your strengths and weaknesses and prepare for exams.
- Critical thinking problems challenge you to apply chapter concepts to common coding scenarios.
- Code It and Claim It! software familiarizes you with a professional coding claim interface similar to programs you’ll use on the job and provides real-world practice with actual patient cases.
- Key term lists and an extensive glossary reinforce your understanding of important coding and insurance terminology.
- NEW application exercises help you put your knowledge of coding and reimbursement into practice.
1. Diagnostic Coding: International Classification of Diseases, 9th Edition, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM)
2. Service and Procedural Coding: Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)
3. Understanding Insurance Policies
4. Medicare and Medicaid
5. Insurance Claim Forms
6. Accounts Receivable
7. Legal Issues
8. Putting It All Together
Wanda Adams, CPC, Wanda L. Adams and Associates, Inc., Troy, TN