Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Covering the full range of nursing interventions, Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC), 6th Edition provides a research-based clinical tool to help in selecting appropriate interventions. It standardizes and defines the knowledge base for nursing practice while effectively communicating the nature of nursing. More than 550 nursing interventions are provided — including 23 NEW labels. As the only comprehensive taxonomy of nursing-sensitive interventions available, this book is ideal for practicing nurses, nursing students, nursing administrators, and faculty seeking to enhance nursing curricula and improve nursing care.
- More than 550 research-based nursing intervention labels with nearly 13,000 specific activities
- Definition, list of activities, publication facts line, and background readings provided for each intervention.
- NIC Interventions Linked to 2012-2014 NANDA-I Diagnoses promotes clinical decision-making.
- New! Two-color design provides easy readability.
- 554 research-based nursing intervention labels with nearly 13,000 specific activities.
- NEW! 23 additional interventions include: Central Venous Access Device Management, Commendation, Healing Touch, Dementia Management: Wandering, Life Skills Enhancement, Diet Staging: Weight Loss Surgery, Stem Cell Infusion and many more.
- NEW! 133 revised interventions are provided for 49 specialties, including five new specialty core interventions.
- NEW! Updated list of estimated time and educational level has been expanded to cover every intervention included in the text.
Strengths of NIC
Definitions of Terms
How to find an intervention
Overview and Use of the Classification
Chapter One: Understanding NIC
Chapter Two: Use of NIC in Practice, Education, and Research
Taxonomy of Nursing Interventions
Core Interventions for Nursing Specialty Areas
Estimated Time and Education Level Necessary to Perform NIC Interventions
NIC Interventions Linked to NANDA-I Diagnoses
Appendix A: Interventions: New, Revised and Retired Since the Fifth Edition
Appendix B: Guidelines for Submission of a New or Revised Intervention
Appendix C: Timeline and Highlights for NIC
Appendix D: Abbreviations
Appendix E: Previous editions and translations
Gloria M. Bulechek, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor Emerita,The University of Iowa College of Nursing Iowa City, Iowa, Howard K. Butcher, RN, PhD, Professor & Director of the PhD Program,Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing ,Florida Atlantic University Boca Raton, Florida, Joanne M. Dochterman, PhD, Professor Emerita
The University of Iowa
College of Nursing
Iowa City, Iowa and Cheryl M. Wagner, RN, PhD, MBA/MSN, Faculty and Editor, Nursing Interventions Classification,College of Nursing,Center For Nursing Classification,The University of Iowa,Iowa City, Iowa